|“20,000 Leaks Under the City”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) episode|
|Original airdate||October 5, 1989|
|Written by|| Bob Schooley|
Krang is using his Super Pump from the Technodrome to flood the sewer system in New York City. Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady go to the surface to make preparations. Bebop and Rocksteady steal a boat. Krang begins to pump water out of the Atlantic Ocean and into the sewers. The Turtles and Splinter are swept away by the water. Michaelangelo saves Splinter.
Suddenly Krang's pump goes wrong, and water is sucked from the ocean and dumped into the sewers. When the sewers are full, the water is overflowing the streets in the city. Soon, the whole city will be under water.
Burne Thompson, boss at Channel 6, is turning 50 years old and has a birthday party at a restaurant with April O'Neil, Vernon Fenwick and Irma. When the restaurant is flooded, April takes a small boat to try to find out why the city is being flooded.
The Turtles wait for Donatello, who had gone back to the sewers to take the Turtle Van. The Turtle Van is re-built into some kind of boat. April calls the Turtles via her turtle com. She wants help, because a shark is attacking her. Raphael saves April by sending the shark into a phone booth.
Shredder believes that the Turtles are destroyed but discover that they are till alive. Rocksteady throws a grenade against them. Later, the Turtles are gone.
Shredder calls Krang for help but Krang has his own problems: The Super Pump has, by an accident, sucked a giant squid into the Technodrome. But Krang gets an idea: He pumps the squid into New York City.
Burne Thompson and Irma send down Vernon underwater to find out what is happening, when the squid scares Vernon up again.
Later, the Shredder discovers the squid and throws a Brain Wave Neutralizer on the squid, which brainwashes the squid to help the Shredder.
When the Turtles are arriving, the squid attacks until the Shredder loses the remote control for the Brain Wave Neutralizer. The Turtles turn the squid against the Shredder.
Meanwhile, the Super Pump gets stuck in reverse and drains water from the flooded city, flooding the Technodrome.
The Turtles also lose the remote control, when Michaelangelo wants to "play" with the remote control, which causes the squid to set down the Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady in the stolen boat, so they can escape. Donatello uses his bo staff to take away the Brain Wave Neutralizer from the squid. The squid swims back to the sea.
The water is going back to the sea, and April gives Burne Thompson a birthday present: the story on tape.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Greg Berg)
- Michaelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Burne Thompson (Pat Fraley)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Irma Langinstein (Jennifer Darling)
- Shredder (James Avery)
- Bebop (Greg Berg)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Tiffany (Jennifer Darling)
- Turtles' Lair
- City Sewer System
- Channel 6 building
- City streets
- Seafood Restaurant
- Shredder's speedboat
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 4
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 3
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- Donatello's bo staff disappears from his belt when he turns the sewer tube around when he and Michelangelo head back to the lair.
- After the giant squid picks up Rocksteady, Rocksteady replaces Bebop and is still seen in the boat.
- The top of the head of Krang's android body is coloured dark grey in the first shot at the beginning of the episode.
- April is missing her back hip pack in one shot when Burne mentions tries to avoid going to his birthday lunch.
- When the water floods the Turtles' lair, Splinter goes down the flood, but after the commercial break, he's still in the water above and never goes down the flood, allowing Michelangelo to rescue him before he goes down the flood.
- When Raphael jumps in the water and swims to the phone booth, Donatello has Leonardo's colours.
- In several scenes featuring the squid, the mind control device is absent from its head.
- Greg Berg voices Donatello and Bebop instead of Barry Gordon.
- Although it isn't specifically named this episode has the debut of the Sewer Party Tube. It's kind of hard to tell based on the straight black tube but the searchlights give it away.
- Raphael: Telephone Call For Mr.Jaws!
- Raphael trying to trap a shark.