|“Attack of Big MACC”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) episode|
|Original airdate||October 12, 1989|
|Written by||Francis Moss|
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles watch April O'Neil on TV when she reports live from an army testing laboratory, on the first public showing of a new "Super Laser". Suddenly, a bolt of lightning from an electrical storm overloads the Super Laser's computer. The electrical storm causes the Super Laser's computer to create a strange light, and out comes a big robot. The soldiers fires at big robot, which is not destroyed. Instead, the robot destroy their weapons. The same thing happens when the scientists try to use the Super Laser to destroy the robot.
Meanwhile in the Technodrome , at this point at the series located in the Earth's core, Krang, Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady watch the same report, and Krang sends Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady to the surface with a "Docilator", a device that if attached to the Robot's neck will re-program it.
Back at laboratory, the soldiers are shooting upon the robot, and the robot returns the fire. April is still on air when she is captured by the Robot. The TMNT go to the laboratory to find it. The robot fires upon the TMNT, until Michelangelo uses a trick to convince "peace". The robot is a "thinking robot", and as it sees the inhabitants shooting at each other, it senses that it is on Earth. The robot is named "MACC" ("Mobile-Armored Computerized Combatant"). Donatello asks MACC which year it is, and as it answers 2390, April figures out that MACC is from the future and has travelled through time. MACC hates war and violence. Suddenly, Shredder arrives and captures MACC and places the docilator on MACC, re-programming MACC. But before MACC can destroy the TMNT, MACC rips off the docilator and fires upon Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady, causing them to flee to their nearby transport module. April takes the robot to Channel 6 for an interview.
Back at the Technodrome, Krang has invented a "new and improved Docilator," and Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady go back to the surface to capture MACC. After Aprils TV-interview with MACC and a visit at the local library, the TMNT bring MACC back to their sewer lair to meet Splinter. Donatello believes that MACC's time travel screwed up MACC's circuitry, which can cause MACC to explode. MACC overhears the conversation and, not wishing to hurt his friends, leaves the sewer but only to, once again, be caught by Shredder. Shredder immediately slaps the new docilator on MACC.
At Channel 6, Vernon Fenwick tells Burne Thompson and April that a robot is firing upon a police station. April rushes away to cover the story and warn the TMNT.
The TMNT arrive at the police station when they are attacked by MACC. The TMNT are afraid that the device Shredder planted on MACC is dangerous enough to cause MACC to explode, together with the entire New York City.
The TMNT track by searching the clues left behind by MACC. The clues lead them to the basement of a hotel. After destroying some Foot robots, the TMNT find an empty transport module. The TMNT ride down to the Technodrome in the transport module.
In the Technodrome, MACC prepares to lead an army of his "fellow robots" through the time portal. The TMNT arrive but, but are taken prisoner. Krang tell the TMNT about his plan. But the docilator falls from MACC, and MACC attacks Shredder, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, the Foot Soldiers and Rock Soldiers by firing upon them. During the course of the firefight, the time portal opens and Michelangelo convinces MACC to return to his own time, before he "blows". First, MACC doesn't want to go because of all the war and violence, but Donatello encourages MACC to become a "warrior for peace" in his own era.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Shredder (James Avery)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Foot Soldiers
- Rock Soldiers
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Burne Thompson (Pat Fraley)
- MACC (Peter Renaday)
- Ace Duck
- Library security guard (Pat Fraley)
- First tank operator (James Avery)
- Hotel owner (Townsend Coleman)
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Attack of the Big MACC
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 3
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 3
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- When the Turtles greet MACC, Raphael sais are seen on the back of his belt instead of the front.
- Just before Michelangelo makes peace with MACC, Leonardo speaks in Donatello's voice.
- MACC is shown throughout the episode with mitten-shaped claws. However right before MACC returns back to his own time to be a warrior for peace, he is shown with hands and fingers (abit metal in appearance.)
- MACC seems to be based on the S.A.I.N.T. Robots (Strategic Artificially Intelligent Nuclear Transport) from Short Circuit, and MACC calls a TV Camera Number 5, after the main robot from the film.
- Shredder's skin tone is lighter than normal this episode.