Biotroid is a Yeti/gorilla-like automaton piloted by the Kraang. It features, amongst other weapons, butt cannons.
It first appeared in the 2012 TV series episode "The Mutation Situation" where it was guarding a shipment of mutagen canisters on a Kraang stealth-ship. During the fight, the canisters the Biotroid was guarding had spilled out of the ship where one of them hit Kirby O'Neil when he protected April O'Neil from it. The Biotroid was defeated by the turtles and the Kraang stealth-ship was redirected to the moon.
Biotroids return again in Battle for New York, Part 2, where they [along with Irma-Bots and Mrs. Campbell] attack The Mighty Mutanimals who they attempt to stop from keeping the portal to Dimension X open. They easily succeed in this and capture the mutanimals in the process. Luckily the mutant team manage to escape [with help from Dr. Tyler Rockwell who uses his telekinesis abilities] and defeat them all.
In The War for Dimension X, they helped the Kraang fight the Utrom
Powers and Abilites
They have incredible streghth and impresseve jumping abillites
- Chainsaws on robot tentacles that come out of their nipples
- Butt Cannons
- In its first appearance, the biotroid poses like Gigantor.
- The Biotroid's "butt cannons" may be a reference to the anime "Astro Boy", as this was one of the title character's prominent weapons.
- The Biotroid is an obvious reference to the monster from the 1953 film, Robot Monster. The monster is a huge gorilla alien with a robot helmet.
- The official TMNT fanclub listed its name as "Biodroid", despite all other promotional material and in-episode dialogue using the name Biotroid.