|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 Cartoon) episode|
|Original airdate||October 27, 1989|
|Written by|| Bill Wolf |
In the middle of a summer heat wave, someone is destroying all the air conditioners and taking all the city's freon and it's up to turtles to found out who is doing this.
Meanwhile, Burne decide to pick up his old reporter clothes and along with Vernon, found the Turtles themselves. However instead of founding them, they are sidetrack with criminals and Elvis Aliens who, for some reason, tickled them with feathers.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Burne Thompson (Pat Fraley)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Irma Langinstein (Jennifer Darling)
- Wolfgang Plink (Pat Fraley)
- Shredder (James Avery)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- First Elvis Alien (Renae Jacobs)
- Second Elvis Alien (???)
- Third Elvis Alien (Jennifer Darling)
- Don Turtelli (Peter Renaday)
- Radio DJ (Barry Gordon)
- First Gunman (Barry Gordon)
- Second Gunman (James Avery)
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 3
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 3
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- When Michelangelo says "...there's nothing better to beat the heat than a steaming pizza!", watch the table as he finishes his line. There is no pizza there (other than the slice that's already in Michelangelo's hand.) A few seconds later, the pizza appears on the table as Donatello's about to speak.
- Also, observe the pizza carefully as the Turtles reach for it. Donatello and Leonardo both reach for slices at the bottom half, while Raphael takes a slice from the top right hand corner. Inexplicably, a slice from the top left hand corner disappears as well. You could probably explain this away by saying the missing slice was taken by Michelangelo earlier in the episode, but the pizza was completely intact when it's first seen. Two errors for the price of one?
- When the Turtles cast aside their disguises to confront the robbers, Michelangelo's nunchucks are missing, despite the animation suggesting that he's whipped them out. As is, it's looking like he's flexing his muscles.
- When the robbers are flung into the dessert display, the cabinet breaks into four even quarters, despite the fact that there should be glass,wooden splinters and various dessert puddles all over them. In addition to that, the broken edges look more like ripped paper, despite the differences in materials. And, to top it off, it turns completely grey.
- When Krang mentions the effects of the Nutri-Freeze, Shredder's Com-Link is coloured grey and part of the back plate is coloured grey when April undoes the valve on the freon drum.
- When Bebop said "He never told ya to brain me!" Rocksteady's dagger sheath was coloured brown and April's face was animated blank.
- Burne's trench coat is white at some point and not brown.
- Don Turtelli looks completely different than he usually does.
- Why did it take so long for Wolfgang to realize that his food was already spoiled? Does he make a habit of cooking food before checking on his ingredients?
- Wolfgang's restaurant is rather oddly designed, and probably in violation of several health/safety codes as well. For starters, his kitchen lacks a door, and doesn't have any 'STAFF ONLY' signs to keep any wandering customers out. Also, he seems to leave piles of pizza stacked on tables, unattended by anyone and completely out in the open. And last, but not least, he seems to neglect the basic common sense to check his ingredients before cooking them. And the Turtles thought Woo's Oriental Palace from "The Catwoman from Channel Six" was bad?
- The goons holding up the restaurant are clearly seen wielding guns, and yet not a single bullet is fired despite having their butts kicked by the Turtles. Then again, this is a kid's show.
- Isn't Wolfgang concerned that by licking the cheese from one of the goons, he'd end up swallowing broken glass in the process?
- One of the goons holding up the restaurant makes a reference to the movie Casablanca when he observes the Humphrey Bogart style trenchcoats the Turtles usually wear.
Donatello: We've gotta stop Shredder before he puts that Nutri-Freeze to some horrible use!
Michelangelo: Well like what?
Raphael: Well it isn't to open a chain of frozen yogurt stands!!
April: Well, Burne...what did you think?
Burne: I thought it lacked some.....basic ingredients.
Irma: Are you talking about the story, or the pizza?
- - Burne tries his hand at puns only for Irma to completely ruin it.