|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 Cartoon) episode|
|Original airdate||November 15, 1989|
|Written by|| Michael Edens |
Camera Bugged is a season 3 episode of the 1987-1996 series.
All four Turtles are sparring with Splinter, but he easily defeats all of them. When he asks for their excuses, they say that they think they need a vacation, and he eventually agrees... if they can agree where they'll spend it.
A podlike spacecraft arrives on Earth, and Fripp the Polarisoid emerges from it. When he photographs a policeman, the unfortunate man is sucked inside - as is everything else the alien photographs.
As a result, Channel 6 is inundated in bizarre news stories full of mysterious disappearances. When City Hall goes missing, April heads out to pursue this latest story.
In the Technodrome, Krang recognizes that this is the work of a Polarisoid, "the most obnoxious tourists in the entire galaxy." Shredder wants to use their camera technology to stop the Turtles, and sets out with Rocksteady and Bebop.
Both April and Shredder find Fripp in short order, and Shredder tricks Fripp into being photographed along with Rocksteady and Bebop. Just then, the Turtles show up with no idea of the peril they're in, so April knocks him into a nearby fountain. During the battle that ensues, April's camera is knocked next to Fripp's, and Shredder picks it up instead of the alien one.
He discovers his mistake when Krang finds "Made in Taiwan" printed on the back of the camera. April, meanwhile, broadcasts the Polarisoid videotape - which has all the abducted people trapped in an empty black space. Shredder appears at Channel 6 and tries to take the camera from her, only to be interrupted by Michelangelo's shadow puppets.
Unfortunately, April uses the camera, sucking the Turtles and Shredder inside. As she hysterically calls Splinter, the Turtles are sucked through a purple vortex and land in a replica of the news room. As they chase Shredder, they find themselves in different tableaus that Fripp photographed.
They encounter Fripp as they're chased by a subway train, trapped on a flagpole and finally held up at gunpoint by a tank. Meanwhile, April takes Splinter to the video editing room, where Splinter smashes a screen, causing a flood of water to wash out everything that had been sucked into the camera.
The Turtles and Splinter bid farewell to Fripp as he departs with his camera. The Turtles also decide that they don't want a vacation after all.
- Michael Edens and Mark Edens
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Michaelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Burne Thompson (Pat Fraley)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Shredder (James Avery)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Fripp (Townsend Coleman)
- Policeman (Pat Fraley)
- Old Lady (Jennifer Darling)
- News Anchor (Peter Renaday)
- Turtle Van
- Transport Module
- Rollercoaster car
- Delivery truck
- War Museum tank
- Subway car
- Fripp's Spaceship
- Fripp's Landing Pod
- Polarisoid Camera
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 4
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 3
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- First appearance of Fripp the Polarisoid.
- The police officer who becomes Fripp's first victim resembles Don Knotts as Barney Fife from The Andy Griffith Show.
- As the Turtles jumped out of the Turtlevan to tackle Shredder, Leonardo is seen with both his katanas drawn, but was seen redrawing one katana when he told Shredder to surrender.
- In the first shot of Act Two, Donatello's bo strapping is coloured brown.
- Shredder: I would've brought back the Turtles and that meddling reporter if this blasted camera hadn't run out of videotape!
- Krang: Excuses, excuses! Where are those cretins, Bebop and Rocksteady?
- Shredder: In here, along with that Polarisoid and half the city's landmarks!
- Krang: Good; keep them in there. I want to remember them always that way. Wait a minute! What's this? "Made in Taiwan"?! You metal-masked moron! You brought me the wrong camera!
- Shredder: That meddling reporter must've picked up the real one!
- Krang: Shredder, you numbskull ninja! I'm warning you - bring me that Polarisoid camera or else!