In this variation, Casey Jones is a teenage human vigilante who is committed to hunting down mutants (except for the turtles) and criminals throughout New York City.
Not much is known about Casey Jones, except for the fact that he clearly knows about the existence of mutants. Casey has created his own arsenal of weapons, which he uses against his enemies; mutants and criminals. It is hinted that he has been down in the sewers and he might even have his own lair set up down there. In the online comic, Casey had spray painted "Jones is Everywhere" with his iconic hockey mask spraypainted next to it, possibly indicating that he goes down there occasionally...
Mutagen Man Unleashed
In his debut-episode, Casey encounters April in the hallway where he tells her that she's his tutor. Even though he proved he would be difficult to work with, he says he's willing to cooperate if it means staying on the hockey team. April agrees to help him and decides to tutor him that night in the park.
When they start their session, Casey tells April that he's not interested in trigonometry and wants to be a hockey player or a bounty hunter once he graduates. Despite everything April had witnessed that day, he surprises her by asking who wants to live a normal life. When April sighs a bit, Casey shows empathy. He then notices a smudge on her face and wipes it off, which shocks Donatello, who is watching them from a rooftop.
On their way back home, Mutagen Man shows up and tries to approach April. Casey steps in front of her and manages to get a couple of hits in. However, he and April barely fend him off, but they are able to shake him off and escape unharmed. They make their way back to April's apartment while watching out for anymore mutants. They make plans for their next tutoring session just as Mutagen Man prepares to go after April. Casey almost heads towards the alley where the turtles are fighting Mutagen Man when April redirects him to the other way.
Target: April O'Neil
He meets April in the hockey ring where they strike up a conversation. He asks her why she doesn't hang out with other people, which results in her telling him that she and her friends "are fighting". He relates her situation to his friendship with his best friend Nick ending after he accidentally injured him during a hockey game. Even though both say that Casey didn't mean to hurt him, he repeats that it was something that was beyond his control. Just then, when Casey goes to change, the Foot Bots attack April. He shows up and starts fighting them off while telling April to leave him. Despite his wishes, April helps him fight the soldiers and leads a few away. After the turtles defeat Karai and her robots, April returns to the ring to find Casey unharmed.
The Good, The Bad and Casey Jones
Casey first met Raph when he's fighting 3 members of the Purple Dragons, when Raph tries to stop him from possibly killing them. The next day at school, April wonders what's wrong with him since he got quite a lot of bruises from the fight, which he claim is from practicing hockey.
The Manhattan Project
The Lonely Mutation Of Baxter Stockman
The Wrath of Tiger Claw
- Raphael - Casey originally viewed Raphael as evil, but after finding they have things in common (e.g. liking to fight crime), they became best friends and sometimes rivals. Mostly, they work as partners in defeating any enemy that comes their way.
- Donatello - Donatello views Casey as a rival for April's affection, but still considers him an ally.
- Leonardo - An ally; Casey seems to interact more with Raphael and Donatello.
- Michelangelo - Michelangelo and Casey don't interact as much as the others, but they are still allies.
- April O'Neil - April hangs out with Casey in school. At first, April was tutoring Casey and after sometime they became good friends. Although it was revealed that Casey prefers to hang alone with April, he is seen to hang out with her and the turtles in some episodes.
- Splinter - Originally, Casey was afraid of Splinter due to the fact that he has a fear of rats, but has since become comfortable with being around him. Splinter has been shown to be friendly towards Casey when meeting him, as he thanked him for helping to protect his sons (the turtles) and the lair (their home).
Casey seems to be a bit arrogant, a bit flirty (at least around April, quite inattentive to his school work, and he thinks highly of himself. Even with his first encounter with April, he managed to show how involved he is with himself and the fact that he thinks little of others. But he admits that he does need a tutor, as he wishes to stay on his hockey team. And while he tended to aggravate April a bit during their tutor session, he tried in his own way to be friendly and get her to enjoy herself with something besides just books. He also shows a sense of "empathy" when she shows to be exhausted from that day, and reaches out to wipe a smudge off of her face.
During their encounter with Mutagen Man, Casey became protective over April and tried his best to watch out for her. He was also very impressed by how April fights - and he then asks if encounters like with Mutagen Man happen frequently. When she answers "too often", the idea seems to excite him.
- Goalie Mask (painted like a skull)
- Face Paint (also painted like a skull)
- Hockey Glove
- Hockey Blocker Glove - with nails
- Homemade Taser - potato masher rigged with 9volt batteries on a drawer track with springs
- Padlock of Doom - lock tied up to a handkerchief
- Bunch of Keys
- Custom Sheaths - belts and duck tape
- Spray Cans (paint grenades)
- Baseball Bat - wooden
- Hockey Sticks - also wooden one is a goalie stick the other is a regular stick
- Custom Skates
- Spiky Pads
- "School isn't always my thing. When I graduate, I’m becoming either a pro hockey player or an international bounty hunter." - Mutagen Man Unleashed
- "Do you know what this is? This is Casey Jones vs. Evil Robo-Ninjas! Coolest freaking thing in the universe!" - Target, April O'Neil
- "Goongala!".- Mutagen Man Unleashed/Target: April O'Neil/ The Good, The Bad, and Casey Jones
- "Scum-suckin' mutant freaks of the world, prepare to meet Casey Jones..." -The Good, The Bad, and Casey Jones
- Casey's hockey stick has "Eastman" written over it as well as his arm protection has the name "Laird", the names of the Ninja Turtles creators.
- In The Good, The Bad and Casey Jones, it was revealed that Casey has a fear of rats, at the beginning he was even afraid of Master Splinter.
- A Casey Jones action figure was released in 2014 by Playmates.
- Casey Jones is left-handed.
- When Casey was drawing himself defeating Raphael, it was in the style of the original mirage comics.