The appearance of Dinosaurs in the various TMNT universes have been a common occurrence over the years. In addition to the anthropomorphic dinosaur samurai Chote, and dinosaur-like aliens of Triceratons and Styracodons, the Turtles have run into actual dinosaurs of Earth's past many times.
- In Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vol.1, #7, Savanti Romero lures the Turtles into the Cretaceous Era. Here, he has multiple dinosaurs at his beck and call, including Deinonychuses, a Tyrannosaurus, and a Pterodactyl. The Turtles use a Triceratops to their advantage in combat against Romero.
- In the frontispiece for Tales of the TMNT Vol. 1 #7, in Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Original Vol. 1 Series, Treasury Edition, the four elderly Turtles, back in the prehistoric age, ride atop a triceratops.
- In Spinal Tapped Savanti has a tiny dinosaur servant that was magically transformed from an ordinary sea lizard.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Attack!!!, Henry presses some buttons and accidentally unleashes a number of dinosaurs.
Dinosaurs appear in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures issue #15.
- Return of Savanti, Part 1 and Return of Savanti, Part 2, being based on Tales Vol. 1 #7, plays out much the same in terms of dinosaurs. The official site flip-flops between calling Romero's first minions Deinonychuses and Raptors, however. The Triceratops that the Turtles befriend is named Zog, by Michelangelo in this incarnation, as a tribute to their fallen Triceraton comrade.
- Sh'Okanabo and Viral create a Time Window, which goes haywire. The window ends up summoning entities from several different eras of time, including dinosaurs, Vikings, and The Shredder and his Foot Ninja. The dinosaurs seen include Pterodactyl, Tyrannosaurus, and Triceratops. A Triceraton postal worker sees a rampaging Triceratops and gives a double thumbs-up.
Back to the Sewer
- Tempus Fugit sees the Turtles being hurled through various different times, including an era populated by dinosaurs, the Middle Ages, and a distant future that is occupied by three different Shredders. The Turtles enlisted the assistance of a Styracosaurus, dubbed "Zog II" by Mikey, against a Spinosaurus.
- Serling encountered a Velociraptor during his random time jumps in Incredible Shrinking Serling.
- A T-Rex is briefly seen amongst the animals Cyber Shredder has made real from photos on the internet, and had made plans to transport into the real world as a mutated monster (Web Wranglers).
Mayhem From Mutant Island
- Monstrous dinosaurs are the central theme to the TMNT in Mayhem From Mutant Island mini-episodes. The first few chapters feature the Turtles batting hideous mutates known as Chomper Bug, Scorpion, Winged Dino, and Stego, according to the Playmates action figures (the bug creatures are also referred to as dinosaurs in the story, likely just as a method of convenience). The Turtles later encounter a T-Rex (with the same design as the one in Web Wranglers).
Dinosaurs appear in the game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time. Two T-Rexs can be seen in the background of Wingnuts stage in the SNES version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters.
- Dingy Dino (came with Cave Turtle Leo)
- Trippy Tyrannosaurus (came with Cave Turtle Don)
- Silly Stegosaurus (came with Cave Turtle Mike)
- Tubular Pterodactyl (came with Cave Turtle Raph)
- Bodacious Brontosaurus (came with Cave Beast Bebop)
- Radical Raptor (came with Cave Woman April)
- Pterano Don
- Ankyl Leo
- Tricera Mike
- Stego Raph
- Tyranno Shredder
- T-Rex (came with Leonardo, and is a repaint of Playmates' Sauron Primal Rage figure)
- Paleo Patrol Pterodon
- Paleo Patrol Raptor
- Paleo Patrol Triceratops
- Paleo Patrol Dino Runners Allosaurus with Paleo Patrol Mike
- Paleo Patrol Dino Runners Triceratops with Paleo Patrol Raph
- Mini-Mutants Stego (came with Paleo Patrol Don)
- Mini-Mutants Scorpion (came with Paleo Patrol Leo)
- Mini-Mutants Chomper Bug (came with Paleo Patrol Mike)
- Mini-Mutants Winged Dino (came with Paleo Patrol Raph)
- Mini-Mutants Raptor (came with Paleo Patrol Leo; the Raptor is a standard sized re-paint of the basic Paleo Patrol Raptor).