|“Dinosaur Seen in Sewers”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012 TV Series) episode|
|Original airdate||September 20th, 2015|
|Written by||Todd Casey|
|Directed by||Michael Chang|
|Voice Direction||Andrea Romano|
|Supervising Director||Ciro Nieli|
Dinosaur Seen in Sewers! is twenty-fourth episode of Season 3 of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012 TV series) and the 76th episode overall of the series.
- Donatello (Rob Paulsen)
- Kraang (Nolan North)
- Leonardo (Seth Green)
- Michelangelo (Greg Cipes)
- Raphael (Sean Astin)
- Zog (Lance Henriksen) (Debut) (Death)
- Bernie (cameo)
- Crognard The Barbarian
- Dr. Tyler Rockwell (Tom Kenny)
- Jack J. Kurtzman (cameo)
- Slash (Corey Feldman)
- Triceraton Captain (Nolan North)
- Triceraton Commander (Brian Bloom)
The episode starts with Slash and Dr. Tyler Rockwell scouting the sewers on a lookout for the Dino-man in an article of a magazine they're holding. During their search, they heard heavy footsteps nearby. Slash though it might be Leatherhead, but Rockwell points out that he's with Pigeon Pete on the other section of the sewers they're in. They were both then attacked by a mysterious creature, badly injuring them as it escapes.
Meanwhile Leonardo, Donatello and Michelangelo are about to watch the finals of Crognard the Barbarian, but Leo wonders if it seems a bit unfair that Raph isn't there to watch it with them. Mikey points out that it's Raph's fault for not being back on time and plays the episode, which shows Crognard being defeated by a giant multi-headed dragon. Mikey then complains about how the ending goes, just as Raph, who's at the surface in his vision quest gear, calls Leo. But midway through the conversation, Rockwell manage to contact Raph with his psychic powers, making said Turtle head back into the sewers. Raph arrive at where Slash and Rockwell are beaten up, the two of them each giving their own thoughts on what happened to them, though Slash actually sounded like he's panicking. Raph takes his leave to find who's responsible for hurting Slash and Rockwell, despite the warning, while telling the two injured mutants to get treated at the lair.
Meanwhile, Leo and Donnie are starting to get worried about where Raph is, while Mikey is looking through the Crognard fan-base to find that there isn't a continuity after the final episode they watched. That's when Rockwell contact them with his psychic powers to inform them on what Raph's up to, just as he and Slash arrive at the lair.
Back with Raph, he found the dino man and starts to fight against it. Unfortunately, his attacks are useless against the tough skin of the dinosaur and was about to get literally squashed after hearing its after the Kraang. Raph notice that it keeps demanding for orders so he took that as a chance to try and get onto its side under the name 'Zoraph', which to his surprise actually works. After getting over the shock, Raph commands Zog to find the Kraang, commenting that this day is getting awesome.
At the lair, Mikey "fixed" the final episode of Crognard, just as Leo receive a call from Raph. He, Donnie and Mikey meet up with Raph in the sewers. Raph shows them Zog, who thought that they're the enemy. Raph immediately stops him, and the three brothers are shock that the dino man is real and that Raph manage to some what tame him. While Zog is finding the Kraang, Raph explains what he found out to his brothers, who couldn't believe him since they were sure the Kraang would never come back. Zog suddenly stops and stomps on the ground rapidly, revealing a hidden Kraang location underground. As the Turtles and Zog fight off the Kraang, Donnie discovers that a number of Kraang are at the Statue of Liberty.
They headed there to discover that they're about to open another portal to start yet another invasion by releasing a large number of Technodrome into the city. Leo, Donnie and Mikey handle the Kraang while Raph and Zog moves to the top to stop the portal to Dimension X from opening. With Zog's help, the portal closes and the Kraang are defeated. Zog founds his stuff that was stolen from him and he activates a breather collar that helps him to breathe on Earth. But when he did, his mind clears up and instantly knock Raph out. The other Turtles found Raph unconscious and all four of them tries to find Zog, who mention that he's going to signal the Triceraton army to destroy the Earth.
Despite all their effort, the beacon was activated for just a brief moment before Raph destroys it. As Raph and Zog fights at the torch of the statue of liberty, Zog falls and hangs at the edge. Raph offers a hand to help, but Zog lets go and fall. The other Turtles appear and comfort Raph, saying that the Triceraton wouldn't be coming since the beacon was destroyed, with Raph commenting that he hope so. But what they didn't know is that brief moment the beacon was activated is enough for the Triceraton army to set out and invade the Earth.
- Zog says that Triceratons need nitrogen to breathe. But the atmosphere of Earth is over 78% nitrogen, and humans can easily breathe the oxygen that makes up less than 21% of the atmosphere. And when Zog retrieves his breathing device, it is shown to involve no protective barriers from other gases, but just releases wisps of gas in proximity to his face.
- The episode's title appear in the news tabloid written by Jack Kurtzman.
- On top of the news tabloid it can be read "Man who did not sleep for 40 years" next to a picture of Bernie and a representation of the Obturaculum Somniorum.
- On the Bottom of the news tabloid it can be read "Bigfoot and I are expecting", a hint to what happened to Bigfoot and The Finger in the episode "A Foot Too Big".
- In the interior of the Statue of Liberty is written "Venkman was here" as an homage to the Ghostbusters second film, where Peter Venkman and his associates used the Statue against the evil Vigo.
- When Zog retrieved his box of belongings in the Statue's crown, among his belongings was a NES Advantage joystick, though labeled "NINCOMPOOP". In the second Ghostbusters film, they used a NES Advantage joystick to control the Statue walking across the Hudson River and Manhattan.
Zog- "Long live the Triceraton Empire."