|“Donatello Trashes Slash”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) episode|
|Original airdate||October 10, 1992|
|Written by||David Wise|
"Donatello Trashes Slash" is the 150th episode of the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series.
Donatello goes down to Channel Six News to give Vernon a piece of his mind after he had made disparaging comments about Turtles on live TV. On his way, Don runs into Slash, the evil turtle from Dimension X. This time Slash is smarter, stronger and has more technologically advanced weaponry... so he starts kicking Donatello's butt. For some reason, Slash intends to be the supreme turtle in this town. After burying Donatello in a pile of girters, Slash sets off in search for the other three TMNT. But first he wants to go to Channel Six to get some equipment he will need to complete his "Trans-Frequency Fluxorlator."
After contacting Donatello on the TurtleCom and rescuing him from under a pile of steel girders, Raphael, Leonardo and Michelangelo have a good laugh when they learn that this was Slash's doing. They remember him to be as thick as a brick and as dumb as mud. But the skeptical Turtles are finally convinced when they track Slash down at the Channel Six News as he sets up a force field to quarantine anyone in the Building and keep Intruders out. The turtles finally swing in after the turtle gives the audience his plan and the nasty mutant turtle delightfully tells them the story of how he became the genius that he is now. It seems that while he was drifting through space he happened to crash land on an alien world inhabited by a race of hyper-intelligent beings. They took pity on his sub-par IQ and increased his intelligence beyond the wildest dream of mere mortals.
From that moment on he was a turtle with a mission - to return to Earth and become the supreme turtle and "turtleize" the entire planet by using his Animalizer Ray and turning every human being into a turtle. To prove that he is "as serious as a heart attack" Slash demonstrates the Animalizer Ray on Vernon and Burne, and presto, they become turtles! After putting the Turtles "on ice" Slash climbs to the roof of Channel Six to prepare his entrance into the world domination. Before he can utilize the new Channel Six High Frequency antenna, the Turtles foil him. After a minor skirmish high above the city streets, Slash falls and is impacted into pavement. When the Turtles revive him, he is his old dumb self.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Slash (Pat Fraley)
- Burne Thompson (Pat Fraley)
- Channel 6 Security Guard (Peter Renaday)
- Channel 6 Receptionist (Renae Jacobs)
- Cookery Show Host
- Turtle News Anchor (Barry Gordon)
- Turtle Shopping Channel Presenter (Rob Paulsen)
- Turtle Weatherman (Cam Clarke)
- Turtle Cookery Show Host (Susan Blu)
- Turtles' Lair
- City streets
- Channel 6
- Glitch and Sons Electronic Supplies
- Construction site
- Trumpet Tower Apartment building roof
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 6
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- When Slash loses his intelligence, he appears to become even less intelligent than he was in Slash: The Evil Turtle from Dimension X, which portrayed Slash as having a normal level intellect.
- Slash appears to make his way back to earth with no dimensional portal raising a question that there might be away to get from dimensions x and earth without one.
- Clips from this episode were highlighted in the 1988 episode of VH1's I love the 80's even though the episode did not air until 1992.