Foot Soldier Branches
Human Foot Soldiers
The Basic Foot Soldiers are always under the command of The Shredder. In this incarnation, these guys are humans just like they are in the original comics and in the 2003 TV series. These soldiers are armed with Katana, Naginata, and Tonfa. On the streets, these taciturn warriors are often commanded by Dogpound, Fishface, and Karai. Despite having good training and effectively being able to use their weapons, these Foot Ninjas, though initially a challenge, are now easily defeated by the Turtles (whom they are always hunting).
Pulverizer Returns! - Timothy joins the Foot Soldiers
Robotic Foot Soldiers
These enhanced versions of their human counterparts were built by the Kraang under Shredder's orders, most likely due to the fact that the ordinary human Foot Ninjas were being defeated by the turtles too easily. As far as the robots' appearance goes, they are dressed exactly the same as the regular Foot Ninja, and so, if they stood side by side, the two would be almost impossible to differentiate between. In addition to being much more skilled than the basic Foot Ninja in most arenas - one of these robots' prominent features is their ability to learn from and quickly adapt to their foes' Martial Arts moves.
Follow The Leader - Debut
Target: April O'Neil - The "Foot-bots" get upgraded with two extra, hidden arms, each of which have weapons protruding from where the hands would be. They learned how to ice skate, among other things.
The Good, The Bad and Casey Jones - They follow Casey (who is following Raphael) all the way to the Turtles' lair, and they begin invading it, one by one...much to everyone's dismay. However, the Turtles, Splinter, Casey and April manage to overwhelm the robots after a while, and are able to defeat them in combat. It is unkown if a robot gave way the Turtles' position or not.
- Despite being human, the basic Foot Soldiers never speak in this series, even when they are injured.
- The foot-bots' noises are similar to the cat noises made by the M.O.U.S.E.R.S.
- A Foot soldier action figure was released in 2012 by Playmates, and in 2014, a Foot-Bot action figure will be released.
- The robotic Foot Soldiers, in sharp contrast to the 1980's versions, are not just flimsy cannon fodder, but deadly, nimble fighters who have excellent Martial Arts skills and are superior to their human counterparts in almost every way, shape, and form.
- A Foot-bot action figure will be released by Playmates in 2014.
- When their eyes glow red they make a sound indicating they've learned something new.