|This article or section is incomplete. Some information regarding this topic has not been added. Please help TurtlePedia by finishing this article.|
|“Funny, They Shrunk Michelangelo”|
|1987 TV series episode|
Funny, They Shrunk Michelangelo is a season 4 episode of the 1987-1996 series.
Donatello has invented a "wind and wave" generator that Michelangelo wants to use for windsurfing. After turning up the machine too high, Michelangelo finds himself blown right out of the sewers and into the bay area. While windsurfing, he spots a ship suddenly growing tiny and disappearing.
This is the doing of Talbot Breech, a naval enthusiast who shrinks real ships and puts them in bottles. His cat Claude triggers the shrink ray accidentally, shrinking Michelangelo and putting HIM in a bottle, much to his horror.
While he's able to get out of the bottle - courtesy of a hungry Claude - Michelangelo struggles to find a way to contact the other Turtles or April. He also is struggling to avoid being eaten by the cat.
Meanwhile Breech's latest acquisition is an aircraft carrier with April and Vernon on board, which is shrunk down on live TV. April and Vernon escape the carrier and find themselves in the same tiny, potentially-eaten-by-a-cat pickle as Michelangelo, who finally manages to keep Claude from causing further trouble.
Michelangelo formulates a plan involving taking a tiny plane from the tiny aircraft carrier, but April and Vernon are both caught by Breech, who decides to add them to his collection. Fortunately the other Turtles recognize Michelangelo when he flies by, despite his resemblance to a bug.
Michelangelo leads the other Turtles back to Breech's home and bails out of his tiny plane. Unfortunately, Breech has a trio of deadly robots who fight the other turtles. But as he tries to swat Michelangelo, he accidentally damages his own equipment, causing the shrinking ray to reverse itself, turning Michelangelo, April, Vernon and all the boats back to their correct size.
Splinter gives Michelangelo his tiny sailboard back to remind him that bigger is not always better. The shadow of a giant cat appears outside the lair, only to be revealed as a tiny kitten who affectionately licks Michelangelo.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Burne Thompson (Pat Fraley)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Talbot Breech (Cam Clarke)
- Channel 6 Newsvan
- Aircraft Carrier
- Fighter Jet
- When Michelangelo turns up the wind and wave generator, he's standing at the control panel behind it. Then in the next shot, he's several feet away in FRONT of it, running to where he was before.
- There's no possible way that Breech hadn't caught people on his collection of ships before, yet he acts as though it's a novelty to have tiny people.
- The destruction of Breech's machinery leads to all the ships and people being automatically restored to their normal size. Yet at the end, the sailboard is still tiny.
- This is the second time Michelangelo has been shrunk.
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Funny, They Shrunk Michaelangelo
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 4
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection