|“Leonardo is Missing”|
|1987 TV series episode|
|Written by||David Wise|
Leonardo is reading in the lair when an alarm goes off, and there's no one else there to answer it. It turns out to be a distress signal of some kind coming from Donatello's lab, and in the process of trying to answer it, he accidentally knocks over a bookcase and loses his Turtle Com.
When the other Turtles return, they find Donatello's lab wrecked and Leonardo's Turtle Com on the floor. They suspect that he was attacked and dragged away.
On the Technodrome, Krang spots a very intense energy source, which he plans to use to blow the Earth off its axis and melt them out of the Arctic. He sends the Foot Soldiers to create a massive hyper-thruster, while he and Shredder are going to find the energy source.
The Turtles are searching for Leonardo when they see a broken wall at a bubblegum factory, and discover two individuals stealing bubblegum cards: Bebop and Rocksteady. In the fight that results, the two mutants find out that Leonardo is missing. When they tell Shredder, he decides to take advantage of the situation. Bebop is given a temporary holographic disguise that makes him look like Leonardo, and told to go cause mayhem.
The real Leonardo is following the source of the distress signal, using one of Donatello's gadgets.
Discouraged, the Turtles take Splinter's advice and start meditating, hoping to get some kind of insight. What they see are dinosaurs in spacesuits. Meanwhile, Shredder and Krang then go after the mysterious energy source, which leads to a hole in a gravel pit, and a vast underground tunneler with power cells they can use.
Bebop causes trouble under Leonardo's guise; he steals cars and skateboards, drives dangerously, mars wet cement, and takes over a TV billboard. The Turtles recognize his voice, and apprehend the pair of thugs just as the holographic disguise vanishes.
At the gravel pit, the Turtles head underground and are confronted by bipedal dinosaurs in spacesuits - and Leonardo, who has befriended Speega and the other intelligent dinosaurs. They live in an underground civilization at the Earth's core, saving endangered species surreptitiously. Unfortunately, they can't leave without the power cells, which Krang has taken.
The Turtles and the dinosaurs arrive and begin fighting Shredder and his followers, while Donatello takes the power cell and destroys the hyper-thruster. After an environmental message, the dinosaurs depart.
Back at the lair, Leonardo explains what he was doing, and Splinter advises him to leave a note next time.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Shredder (James Avery)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Car Salesman (Cam Clarke)
- Speega (Rob Paulsen)
- Skyscraper Square Streetside Announcer (Townsend Coleman)
- Boy on Skateboard (Jennifer Darling)
- Turtles ' Lair
- Blow Hard Bubblegum Factory
- Gravel pit
- Speega's drilling vehicle
- Sports stadium
- City streets
- Catalytic Motor Showroom
- City Sewers
- Skyscraper Square
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 6
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- When Krang is introducing the components of the Hyper Thruster to Shredder his android's hand flashes from red to flesh coloured when it lifts its arm.
- When Krang says that he's found the dinosaurs' energy source, his android's hands are flesh coloured.
- Leonardo replaces Raphael when the three Turtles arrive at the rock quarry. He's later seen replacing Michelangelo after they first spot Speega and his friends coming out of their drilling vehicle.
- This episode should serve as the season opener as the Technodrome is still trapped in the Arctic ice.
- Second and final appearance of Krang's holographic cloaker.
- Two penguins can be seen in the Arctic landscape despite the fact that penguins reside in the Antarctic.
- Shredder: I've had it with your idiotic schemes, Krang. From now on, I call the shots!
- Krang: Don't annoy me, Shredder...I've had a very bad day!