Exclusive special feature sneak-peak from the Target-exclusive Blu-ray Combo Pack!
The new film is finally happening THIS summer!
Live action and animated, old and new, read about your favorite TMNT films
From 1987 to current, learn about all the TMNT series past & present
Turtlepedia was created by the fans, for the fans, and is dedicated to housing a useful and informative database for all subject matter related to the TMNT universe. Our goal is to collaborate with other fans in order to build a reliable, accurate resource with as much detailed information about the comics, TV Series, video games, and films as possible. All are welcome to join in and contribute here, so long as edits are constructive, discussions are positive, and both are relevant to the TMNT franchise.
Loading RSS data...
- … that the name "Chet" appears in most of the early Mirage comics? It is typically used as the name of background stores, or graffiti. It can also be found in the Archie kickoff mini-series. It was said that it was the name of the boy who dropped the baby turtles into the sewer. It is also the alias for the Fugitoid in the IDW On-going comicbook series.
- …that the four actors playing the Turtles also had cameo appearances in the movie without their costumes?
- …that the three newswomen in the film are named after months: April, May, and June?
- …that the voice of The Shredder in the original cartoon series was that of the late James Avery, more commonly known for his role of "Uncle Phil" in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?
- ...late film editor Sally Menke (who worked on all films of Quentin Tarantino, including Kill Bill), Quentin Tarantino's film editor and "greatest and only collaborator" got her start editing the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film?
- ...Successful Executive Producer Chuck Lorre ("The Big Bang Theory", "Two and a Half Men", "Dharma and Greg") got his start in television co-writing the revered 1987 animated series theme song. It is also of note that in the continuity of "Two and a Half Men", main character Charlie Harper is the writer of the 1987 theme song.
- The four turtles are named after legendary artists of the Italian Renaissance: Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci, Raffaello Sanzio da Urbino, Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni and Donato di Niccolò di Betto Bardi.
We need YOU to help us expand and add articles to this wiki!
If you're new to Wikia, or Turtlepedia, please use the above links to get started.
If you already have editing experience, and you have an article relating to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise to contribute, use the box below to create it:
If you're looking to help with cleanup, you can start here:
Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback,
or just to say hi.
is a 2014 "reboot" of the film franchise, and the fifth TMNT film overall. Originally slated for a 2011 release, it hit theaters on August 8, 2014 in RealD 3D.The city needs heroes. Darkness has settled over New York City as Shredder and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to the politicians. The future is grim until four unlikely outcast brothers rise from the sewers and discover their destiny as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Turtles must work with fearless reporter April O'Neil and her wise-cracking cameraman Vern Fenwick to save the city and unravel Shredder's diabolical plan.