|“Meet Casey Jones”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) episode|
|Original airdate||March 1, 2003|
|Written by||Michael Ryan|
|Supervising Producer||Lloyd Goldfine|
|Frederick U. Fierst|
|Supervising Director||Chuck Patton|
|Story Editor:||Lloyd Goldfine|
"Meet Casey Jones" is the fourth episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003 TV series). It first aired on March 1st, 2003.
- Casey Jones (Marc Thompson) (Debut)
- Donatello (Sam Riegel)
- Leonardo (Michael Sinterniklaas)
- Michelangelo (Wayne Grayson)
- Raphael (Frank Frankson)
- Splinter (Darren Dunstan)
- Purple Dragon Gang
- TV Reporter (Kathy Borland)
Main Locations, Vehicles and Accessories
- New lair
- Sewer tunnels
- Casey’s Apartment
- City streets and rooftops
- Central Park
- Battle Shell
- Shell Cycle
- Casey's Motorcycle
- Jones's shop
Raphael:"I guess you could call it fate, but I have finally met somebody as angry as I am and he was really making me mad. My name is Raphael, and the bozo in the hockey mask is about to find out just how angry I can be."
The episode begins with Raphael and Michelangelo sparring in the Turtles' lair. Michelangelo taunted Raphael; Raphael got so mad that he was about to club Mikey with a lead pipe. Leonardo stopped the fight and Raph went topside to cool down.
Casey Jones was watching a news report in his apartment about the city's rising crime. Once the report ended, he put on his hockey mask, took his equipment, and left his apartment.
While Raph was clearing his head, he spotted Casey Jones dealing with a couple members of the Purple Dragons. Raph stayed on the sidelines until Casey got too violent. Casey resented the intervention and the two fought one another. Eventually, Casey drove off on his motorcycle, telling Raph to meet him at Central Park.
Back at the lair, the Turtles discovered a secret chamber which turns out to be an elevator to an abandoned warehouse. Once Raph returned, he filled the rest of the group in on his encounter with Casey. They decided to fight him again. To prepare, they took the van from their first adventure topside and turned it into the Battle Shell.
On the appointed night, the Turtles found Casey on his motorcycle in Central Park. Raph got on the Shell Cycle and was able to knock Casey of his bike. Raph began to talk some sense into Casey when they were surrounded by Purple Dragons. With the help of the rest of the Turtles, they were able to defeat the gang. In the end, they were able to make Casey their ally.
Splinter: Ah my son, so angry. Rage is a monster that will destroy you from within. Raphael, a true warrior finds balance in all things.
Raphael: What is wrong with me?!
Casey Jones: Somebody's gotta stop those Purple Dragons. Somebody's gotta make them pay! And they will pay. They'll all pay! 'Cuz Casey Jones is on the job!
Michelangelo: See Don, we can have our very own Battle Shell. I've even got a name for it. I call it: "The Battle Shell"! I've got it all figured out. Turbo-boosters, double-action traction, cool secret thingies shooting out the back. We should be tricking out the armored car!
[The Turtles attempt sneaking out of the lair to stop Casey, but are caught by Master Splinter]
[Leo, Mikey, and Don arrive in the Battle Shell to back up Casey and Raph]
Leonardo: He's your brother.
- This episode is based on Raphael #1.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Casey Jones in the 2003 TV series.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Dragon Face.
- This episode is ranked #3 on the TMNT Top Ten.
- This episode introduces the Battle Shell and Shell Cycle.
- This episode was adapted as a level in the 2003 video game.
- This is the first episode which focus on Raphael.
- Casey Jones is introduced in his apartment, while he watches the reports of crime on his TV sets. As the news ends, he gathers up his sports gear weapons, puts on his hockey mask and heads out to battle crime in his own way. This is the same way he was introduced in the first TMNT movie. However, that scene was cut from the movie. It does, however, appear in the comic book adaptation of the film, which, despite being drawn in a vastly different style from normal (leading some to believe it was likely drawn by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird themselves), was released by Archie Comics, which also released the adaptations of movies two and three as well.
- In the 2003 series Casey and Raphael fight in an alley and become friends in the park while fighting Purple Dragons. In the live action movie Casey and Raphael battle in the park but don't make friends until the Foot attacks April's home but even then Casey is not too close to Raphael but is closer to Donatello who makes fun of him sometimes.
- After Donatello says "That's some stank" Don can be seen with two bo staffs and two shells.