Northern Lights Out is an episode of the Vacation in Europe sideseason. Part of the European vacation season, it had already aired in many European countries during 1992 before airing in the USA over CBS in 1993.
A descendant of the Viking raiders, Eric Red, seizes both April and Professor Sven Svenson's map to the underground volcanoes in Scandinavia. He plans to tap into the molten energy, melt the polar ice cap and flood the world's coastal cities, making them easy prey for his wanna-be Vikings. The Ninja Turtles battle Eric's "Hammer of Thor," fight a mechanical sea serpent and stop the guy before he blows up the volcanoes.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Hal Rayle)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Eric Red (Jim Cummings)
- Alternative Energy Conference Announcer (Cam Clarke)
- Professor Sven Svenson (Hal Rayle)
- First Viking (Townsend Coleman)
- Second Viking (Pat Fraley)
- Third Viking (Townsend Coleman)
- Fourth Viking (Townsend Coleman)
- Fifth Viking (Townsend Coleman)
- Viking Villager (Renae Jacobs)
- Alternative Energy Conference building
- Volcanic pool
- Viking village
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 7
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- The Turtles were missing their masks when the Viking warriors drew their swords.
- When the Viking villager told the Turtles they were green dwarves, Raphael was seen with Michelangelo's colors.
- Eric refers to his primary weapon as a hammer. But it is clearly a double bladed axe.
- The colors on Leonardo's left sword were switched in one shot when he is riding the deer with Donatello.