Some TMNT stuff was always meant for grownups.
- Script & Pencils: Peter Laird
- Inks: Cyberinkworks Studio
- Lettering: Mary Kelleher
In Japan, in the early 21st Century, an aged Donatello orders his computer to start a training simulation program, "New York City rooftop, circa 1985". Donatello fights a group of computer-generated Foot Ninja. After defeating them, The Shredder appears, who's also beaten. Donatello turns around to discover computer-generated images of him and his three brothers in their prime. He immediately orders the computer to delete them from the program, and to never do that again. Donnie exits the simulation program and starts crying.
- The turtles going their separate ways was foreshadowed in Tales of the TMNT (Vol. 2) #45. The cause of their break-up is unknown. In Tales of the TMNT (Vol. 2) #69, an elderly Raphael mentions that Shadow Jones did something horrible to Donatello. Though the exact crime is unknown, Don appears blind in later future-set stories.
- Donatello is wearing his alternate costume, most commonly known from the wrestling stories in a couple of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures issues.
- The computer's name is Chet, "Chet" also happens to be the name of the young boy who originally bought the turtles from the pet shop as seen in the story Fifteen Years Later. Whether Don named the computer in his honor or if it is just a coincidence is unknown.
- Elderly Don will reappear briefly in Tales of the TMNT (Vol. 2) #41. In Tales of the TMNT (Vol. 2) #14 and #55, he will be referenced as having given his brothers various high-tech gifts (a cybernetic bokken and an April robot, respectively). He will reappear one final time in frontispieces and conclusion drawn for the 2007 edition of the Tales of the TMNT Vol. 1 Treasury Edition. His computer, “Chet”, will reappear there as well.
- To date, Old Times has never been reprinted.