Power Rangers is a major live action TV series. Power Rangers was often seen as a rival, and later successor, to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles popularity. The first entry, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, first aired in 1993 and after the third season, others would change the format and title each year. Power Rangers itself is a heavily altered version of Japan's even longer-running Super Sentai series.
There have been several crossovers between PR and TMNT. In addition, Nickelodeon has aired shows from both franchises starting respectively with the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon and Power Rangers Samurai (Based on the 33rd Super Sentai installment Samurai Sentai Shinkenger).
The 6th season, Power Rangers in Space launched in 1998 and was modified from the 21st incarnation of the Super Sentai, Denji Sentai Megaranger.
The Power Rangers of this season, commonly referred to as the "Space Rangers", consisted of Andros (Red), Theodore Jay Jarvis 'T.J.' Johnson (Blue), Carlos Vallerte (Black), Ashley Hammond (Yellow), and Cassie Chan (Pink) (a sixth Ranger, Zhane the Silver Ranger, came later and was not present in the Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation crossover).
At the end of the Power Rangers in Space episode "Save Our Ship", as the villain Astronema wants to beat the Rangers at their own game. She fires the satellasers at the sewers of New York City and the five Turtles (in their Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation incarnations) exit a manhole.
The full crossover occurs in this episode as the Turtles are placed under a spell by Astronema, and pretend to be friendly to the Rangers to gain their trust and sabotage their ship. Upon the spell being disrupted, the Turtles return to their former selves and ally with the Rangers, defeating Astronema.
Before the Turtles return home, the Rangers allow them to use their space-faring surfboard-like transports, the Galaxy Gliders, to cruise around space for a short time. despite the Turtles not wearing any special equipment such as space suits, oxygen tanks, and helmets, they are shown to be unaffected by the drawbacks of space on a living being.
Super Mini Puzzle Games is a flash puzzle game containing the 2012 incarnation of the Ninja Turtles as playable character and Splinter (who can be unlocked), as well as characters from other Nickelodeon series.
Super Brawl 3: Good vs. Evil is a flash fighting game which like SMPG features many Nickelodeon characters, as well as the 2012 Ninja Turtles. Though Shredder appears as a character in the game rather than Splinter.
References to TMNT in other episodes
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: In the original version of the pilot episode "Day of the Dumpster", Zack Taylor/Black Ranger expressed his disbelief at the story of Zordon (named Zoltar in the original pilot) by sarcastically claiming to be a Ninja Turtle.
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: In "The Trouble with Shellshock", the turtle monster Shellshock, upon growing comments "Wait'll those teenage mutants see what a full-grown turtle can do!".
- Steven Jay Blum - Lord Zedd, Lunar Wolf Ranger and S.P.D. HQ Security System (Power Rangers: Super Legend)
- Kim Mai Guest - Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger, Trakeena, Blue Wind Ranger and S.P.D. Yellow Ranger (Power Rangers: Super Legends)
- Yuri Lowenthal - Mighty Morphin Red Ranger, S.P.D. Omega Ranger and Future Omega Ranger (Power Rangers: Super Legends)
- Nolan North - Goldar and Overdrive Red Ranger (Power Rangers: Super Legends)
- Sam Regal - Super Megaforce Silver, Operation Overdrive Red, Ninja Storm Red, Mighty Morphin Blue, Gorgax and Prince Vekar (Power Rangers Super Megaforce video game)
- Fred Tatasciore - Goldar and Putties (Power Ranger (2017 Movie))
- Prior to the premiere of the Mighty Morphin Power Ranger "A Bad Reflection on You", Austin St. John, Thuy Trang and David Yost hosted a Fox airing of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze as their Power Rangers characters (Jason Lee Scott, Trini Kwan and Billy Cranston)