|This article or section is incomplete. Some information regarding this topic has not been added. Please help TMNTPedia by finishing this article.|
The youthful apprentice of the time lord, Lord Simultaneous. A rather reluctant, spoiled, and impulsive teenager, Renet’s parents, also denizens of the 79th Level, hoped that apprenticing her to Lord Simultaneous would help her develop some kind of common sense. Renet first met the Turtles when she time-traveled off with Lord Simultaneous’ Sceptre of the Sands of Time to modern-day New York.
Fleeing Simultaneous further, she and the Turtles went to 1406 A.D., where they teamed with Cerebus to get the Sceptre back from Savanti Romero, who was bent on stealing it for himself. Simultaneous appeared and cast Savanti into prehistoric times (TMNT Vol. 1, #8). Renet later sent the Turtles a time cube borrowed from Lord Simultaneous. The Turtles, out of curiosity and boredom, used the cube to go on a trip to various eras, including the creation of the universe itself before returning to the present (TMNT Vol. 1, #33). When the Turtles accepted Savanti’s challenge in the present, Renet appeared and accompanied them to do battle with Savanti Romero in prehistoric times. After defeating him, they were forced to spend several weeks there until they were able to retrieve the Sceptre of Time (Tales of the TMNT #7, Turtle Soup #3 & Shell Shock).
A much older Renet, now the Mistress of Time in Lord Simultaneous’ place after his retirement, came to the Turtles’ assistance against Savanti Juliet, who was attempting to exact revenge for the apparent death of her husband. Renet used Juliet’s powers against her, killing her (TMNT Vol. 1, #42).
Renet, somewhat younger than the version of herself that helped them defeat Savanti Juliet but older than the version that accompanied the Turtles to prehistoric times, returned to send and accompany the Turtles to Feudal Japan to stop Savanti Romero’s latest plot of revenge. As Lord Simultaneous had once done, she exiled Savanti back to prehistoric times (TMNT Vol. 1, #46 & 47). In Dark Shadows.
Renet explains that if Raphael proceeds to teach Shadow Jones martial arts, this is the likeliest outcome. If he chooses not to, then the likeliest outcome is that she will be murdered by a Foot Mystic at age 23. Raph doesn’t like either option, and Renet explains that this is the very reason why looking in on your own future is never a good idea. Raph thanks her for the favor anyway, and Renet tells him that she owed him for saving her from a t-rex.
Returning to the present day, Raph finds a goth, teenage Shadow Jones beginning her martial arts training with Casey Jones. Raph knows he can’t talk her out of it, but asks that she call him “Sensei” from now on.
Elsewhere, back at Renet’s place, she’s approached by Lord Simultaneous, who tries to tell her why she should never show other people their futures. Depressed, Renet says she’s figured the lesson out the hard way and will never let herself forget. Renet can be seen watching an blind, elderly Donatello in the Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TPB frontispieces and epilogue. Don solemnly climbs into bed, completely unaware of Renet’s presence, the Timestress begins to weep. Renet then activates her time scepter and vanishes.
- 1986 January 1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Mirage Comics) issue 8
- 1988 December 1 The Collected Gizmo has a story with her and Gizmo
- 1989 January 1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Graphic Novel book 3 issue 3
- 1989 April 1 Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles issue 7 "The Return of Savanti Romero"
- 1989 December Shell Shock introduces Meanwhile... 1,000,000 B.C.
- 1989 December (and later, November 2007) the Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TPB before/after
- 1990 June Turtles Take Time has a note from Renet
- 1991 December 1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Mirage Comics) issue 42
- 1992 January Turtle Soup (vol. 2) 3 introduces "Sweat, Sweat, Sweet Renet"
- 1992 April 1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Mirage Comics) issue 46
- 1992 May 1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Mirage Comics) issue 47
- 2003 August 1 TMNT: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles issue 11
- 2004 February 1 TMNT: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles issue 14
- 2005 June 1 TMNT: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles issue 22
- 2008 October 1 Tales of the TMNT issue 51 "Night of the Living Gingerbread"
- 2010 April 27 Tales of the TMNT issue 69 "Dark Shadows"
Simultaneous later entrusted Renet with the Time Sceptre again, once more dispatching her to defeat Savanti, who now threatened the human race itself. Traveling to the Cretaceous Maastrichtian period with the Turtles, Renet was captured by Romero, who planned to sacrifice her to increase his power. He was defeated by Donatello, and Renet was rescued. However, the Time Sceptre fell into a nearby lake and was lost for three months, until Michelangelo found it in the belly of a massive fish he'd caught for the Turtles' dinner. They were then able to escape the imminent asteroid collision. During the adventure she mentions an adventure she went on with April that hasn't happened to April yet. The details have yet to be given.
During the run of the 2003-2009 series, Renet has appeared in 4 episodes.