The Shellraiser is a converted subway car, which formerly served as Leatherhead's hideout. Its tires are mounted on an armature that slide up or down allowing it to be used on subway rails or roads. It is equipped with a retractable top-mounted garbage cannon, a sewer lid shooter and bumper-mounted crushing jaws. Each of the four turtles have their own pre-determined station on board the Shellraiser, with Leonardo in charge of driving (as he is the turtle least likely to run into things for fun). Raphael operates the vehicle's weapons and defenses (as well as driving the Stealth Bike), Michelangelo navigates, and Donatello maintains the Shellraiser's vital functions.
Originally, the Shellraiser was powered by a power cell stolen from the Kraang, protected by undetectable lead shielding. However, when the lead shield cracked, the Kraang quickly traced and reclaimed their power cell, rendering the Shellraiser inoperable. In subsequent episodes the Shellraiser is operational again, suggesting that Donnie found an alternative way to power the vehicle.
There is a dock underneath the Shellraiser that holds the Stealth Bike.
- There is a toy of the Shellraiser in the 2012 Playmates toy line.
- There is a LEGO version of the Shellraiser in the "Shellraiser Street Chase" set.
- Playmates released a R/C version of the Shellraiser in 2013.
- The Shellraiser's name is a pun on "Hellraiser."
- Michelangelo gave the Shellraiser its name. For once, his brothers felt it was the perfect name.
- The Shellraiser is a successor to both the TurtleVan from the 1987 series and the Battle Shell from the 2003 series.