Shredder Triumphant! is a season 7 episode of the 1987-1996 series.
Splinter unexpectedly asks the Turtles NOT to interfere in Shredder's latest crime, since he has had a psychic premonition that it will lead to danger for them. They go to thwart him anyway, only to hear that at the same time, Krang stole a power source.
As a result, the Technodrome appears on a nearby beach and begins rolling through the city. The Turtles are relatively unconcerned about this, since they have done it before. However, Shredder has left a trap for them that leaves them at his mercy. He decides to throw them through the interdimensional portal into Dimension X.
Meanwhile, Krang demands the immediate surrender of all of New York, and plans to take the Technodrome back to Dimension X, leaving a conquered Earth for Shredder. To pacify Rocksteady and Bebop, he offers them the Channel 6 building. They decide to get revenge on April for running all the negative stories on them over the years by preparing to throw her, Vernon and Irma out the window.
The Turtles are immediately picked up by a guy named Weazel, but are disgusted and dismayed to learn that he is a slaver. They are quickly sold to a local mine-owner named Vorx who forces them to mine a mineral that the Rock Soldiers eat.
Unsurprisingly the Turtles immediately start planning an escape, and Raphael attacks one of the robot sentries. The result is that they are to be fed to the Great Chaarg, but they are rescued by Weazel because Weazel's little brother is currently with them.
April, Irma and Vernon are rescued by Splinter, who easily disarms and subdues the two dim mutants. Irma assumes a Rambo-like aggression, shooting Krang's robot body in the back and irreparably damaging it.
The Turtles immediately stage a slave rebellion against Vorx, and contact the Technodrome to taunt Shredder about how he is too afraid to fight them fairly. Shredder opens the portal and the Turtles come through to attack him, while Donatello begins tinkering with the Technodrome's inner workings.
The Rock Soldiers are recalled to the Technodrome as the Turtles and Shredder leave, still fighting in th streets. Suddenly a massive portal appears in front of the Technodrome, drawing it into Dimension X and leaving Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady stranded on Earth. They escape in a pickup truck.
The mood is somber as the episode ends, with Splinter reminding them that Shredder is still out there and capable of causing mayhem.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Irma Langinstein (Jennifer Darling)
- Burne Thompson (Pat Fraley)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Shredder (Townsend Coleman)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Rock Soldiers
- General Traag (Peter Renaday)
- Weazel (Hamilton Camp)
- Zwerk (Susan Blu)
- Vorx (Rob Paulsen)
- Great Chaarg
- Hairy Bald Dimension X Alien (Peter Renaday)
- Blue Dimension X Alien
- Turtle Lair
- Museum of Asian Arts
- Channel 6 building
- Dimension X
- Dimension X slave asteroid
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder Triumphant!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 7
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- At the Museum of Asian Arts, the communication device in Shredder's helmet is only visible when Krang speaks to him. It cannot be seen in any other shot.
- Right after the Turtles see the news report about Krang and his Foot soldiers, their TV has suddenly switched itself off.
- When the turtles arrive at the beach and the Technodrome rises out of the ocean, the lettering on the front of the Turtle Van is black instead of white.
- Leonardo and Raphael have opposite colours when Michelangelo tells Shredder to bring them back to Earth to fight them.
- During a fight with Vorx, Raphael's sais are yanked out of his hands by a whip. When Vorx picks him up, suddenly the sais are tucked into his belt. In the next shot, they've vanished again.
- General Traag is seen standing next to Krang even before he opens the portal to allow him and his Rock Soldiers to Earth!
- In the same shot, Krang's robot hands are flesh colored instead of the usual red.
- When Krang says, "Now we march on City Hall!" his robot hands are flesh-colored again.
- In the first shot of Krang at the Channel 6 building, yet again, his robot hands are flesh colored.
- The strapping on Donatello's bo is coloured brown when he uses the remote control device to suck the Technodrome into Dimension X.
- After the Technodrome is sucked into Dimension X, Bebop and Rocksteady arrive in a truck. When Krang climbs in, his robot hands momentarily become flesh colored and then turn back to red.
- When April glances down at the broken window, a shot of Rocksteady's legs are shown in place of her own.
- When Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady arrive at the Museum of Asian Arts, their Amphibious Module doesn't have any seats.
- After Vorx taps Michaelangelo on his shell, both his and Raphael's brown shell lining is not coloured.
- The last usual episode before the so-called "Red Sky" seasons in the next episode.
- Final episode where Townsend Coleman voices Shredder. He is voiced by Bill Martin for Seasons 8 and 10.
- This is the last episode of the 1987 series where Krang uses his humanoid body, which is severely damaged and left inoperable at the end of the episode. For the remainder of the show's run Krang uses use his bubble walker, while the discarded body is put to use in the series finale. Krang returns to using his humanoid body in Turtles Forever. In an ironic reversal, he starts doing so when his bubble walker is smashed during a fight with Shredder.
- First time the Technodrome goes on a full scale rampage of the city since The Big Blow Out.
- Final appearance of the Amphibious Modules.
- Final appearace of the Foot Soldiers.
- Michelangelo: "Holy guacamole with hot sauce and jalapenos!!!"
(Michelangelo on seeing the Great Chaag for the first time)
- Shredder: "No Technodrome, no Rock Warriors, no Foot Soldiers!!! I'll get those Turtles back for this if it's the last thing I ever do!!!"
- Krang: "At this rate, it probably will be the last thing you ever do!"
- Michaelangelo: "Well, compadres, they got away again."
- Donatello: "Yeah, but without the Technodrome, we won't have to worry about them."
- Leonardo: "I don't know, Donatello."
- Splinter: "They still have Krang's know-how and Shredder's cunning and Bebop and Rocksteady's strength. I'm certain we'll be hearing from them again... soon.
(last lines of the episode)