Season four of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is split into two sub-sections that aired concurrently: thirteen episodes which aired daily in syndication, and twenty-six episodes that premiered in hour-long double-bills on Saturday Mornings on CBS, which would serve as its home for the remainder of the whole series. A brief "Turtle Tips" segment aired between the two episodes which served as PSA about the environment or other issues. There were a total of 20 "Turtle Tips" segments produced and aired. The syndication episodes featured the original title sequence, while the CBS episodes deubted a new title sequence, and also did away with the show's title cards. During this season, the Technodrome is back in Dimension X, having been launched through a portal at the conclusion of season three. The season premiere, "Plan 6 from Outer Space", aired in syndication, and detailed how the villains' battle fortress crash-landed on an asteroid; in the later episode, "The Dimension X Story" a volcano on the asteroid erupted, immobilizing the Technodrome by surrounding it with molten lava. "The Dimension X Story" was evidently intended to be the first episode of the CBS run, as many other episodes which aired before it from both the syndication and CBS episodes refer to the Technodrome being trapped in lava, but wound up airing very late in the season. Note that the Vacation in Europe episodes take place between the first two episodes of this season. Some episodes from this season were based off titles from other works. "Plan 6 from Outer Space" was from Plan 9 from Outer Space a 1956 film. "Four Turtles and a Baby" came from Three Men and a Baby a 1987 film. "Turtlemaniac" was from Listomania an intense fan frenzy. "Planet of the Turtles", was like Planet of the Apes but with other turtles. "Name That Toon" came from Name That Tune a game show from December 1952 to 1985 in September. "Turtles of the Jungle" had many reference to the King Kong film. "Menace Maestro, Please", Shredder dressed up like the Phantom of the Opera. "Super Hero for a Day" was from King for a Day. "Back to the Egg" was a title from a 70s song.
Character voices Edit
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke )
- Donatello (Barry Gordon )
- Michaelangelo (Townsend Coleman )
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday )
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs )
- Burne Thompson (Pat Fraley )
- Irma Langinstein (Jennifer Darling )
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Shredder (James Avery )
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Baxter Stockman (Pat Fraley)
- Technodrome Computer Voice (James Avery)
- Herman J. Mellish[[ (Rob Paulsen)
- Z (Townsend Coleman)
- Computer Salesman (Barry Gordon)
- Solid Energy Generator
- Baxter: (breaks into Burne's office) "You September O'Neil!?"
- Burne: "You mean April? Do I LOOK like April?"
- Baxter: "Where is she!?"
- Burne: "Why should I tell you?"
- Baxter: "Because... I'M A BIG FLY!"
- Burne: (pointing down hallway) She's straight down that hall!
- Baxter: (walking away) "Straight down that hall! Straight down that hall!!" (smashed wall and walks through the wreckage)
- Burne: (scratching head) I don't remember putting any big flies on a pay roll!
- Baxter: "Ohh! Sometimes I wish I had a fifth hand!"
- Raphael: "Awww, Don't fly off the handle, Baxter!"
- Baxter: "Not funny! Not Funny!!!"
- Raphael: (to camera) "Nobody likes puns anymore!"
- Raphael: (forcing open Channel 6 doors) Now to bust our away in!
- Donatello: "Wait!" The destruction of other people's property..for whatever reason...is wrong!!
- Raphael: "Are You kidding me? April's in danger!!!"
- (the other Turtles head for the nearest manhole and jump in followed by Raphael)
- Donatello: We'll take the sewer!
- Raphael: Excuse me, Since when did we become the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Boy-Ninnies?!!!!"
- (Donatello pushes his head into the the manhole)
- Shredder: (forcing open Channel 6 doors) Bebop! Blast it!
- Rocksteady: "Wait!!" The destruction of other people's property for whatever reason is wrong!!"
- Bebop: (chuckling) I know!! (he fires his stun laser at the doors, blowing them to bits)
- Raphael: I'll show that overblown pocket calculator!
- Donatello: Wait. The destruction of other people's-
- Raphael: SHUT UP! (throws his sai at the computer console, deactivating the floor currents)
- Irma: April, Burne's not really gonna replace up with computers...is he?
- April: "It sure sounded that way Irma!"
- Vernon: (smugly) I certainly don't have to worry about that! I'm invaluable to this station!
- April: Yeah! "They couldn't make a computer with a big enough EGO to replace you!!"
- First appearance of Z outside his ship, as well as the first time he is given a face.
- A new title sequence is introduced this episode.
- When the cloak tower gear debris showered Shredder, Baxter and the mutants, the colours on Rocksteady's dagger handle and sheath were switched.
- When Donatello unveils the plaster cast of Baxter's footprint in the lair, he does so in the Turtles ' kitchen but the scene switches to the guys' bedroom area at the beginning of Act Three.
- Only three of the Turtles minus Leonardo are seen arriving at the spot where Baxter and Z had left to go topside and Raphael was seen speaking twice with Leonardo's voice.