- This article is about the 2003 console/PC game for the Game Boy Advance game see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Game Boy Advance).
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, PC|
|Release date|| NA, October 21, 2003|
EU, March 12, 2004
|Genre(s)||Action, beat 'em up|
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a video game of the beat 'em up genre released in 2003 by Konami. The game is based on the Ninja Turtles 2003 TV series. The main gameplay loosely adapts the following season one episodes: Things Change, A Better Mousetrap, Attack of the Mousers, Meet Casey Jones, Nano, Darkness on the Edge of Town, The Way of Invisibility, Notes from the Underground (Parts 1-3), and Return to New York (Parts 1-3) as well as a level that is not derived from the animated series at all. Although Quarry and Razorfist are bosses, Stonebiter only appears in the scenes from the cartoon.
GameplayThe player can play as either Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, or Raphael. Casey and Splinter are hidden characters. Each turtle has his own unique set of levels to complete. There is a story mode for one or two players, and there is also a versus mode where two players can fight head to head. In the versus mode, players can fight as all 4 turtles, Splinter, Casey Jones, Hamato Yoshi, The Turtlebot, Hun, Oroku Saki, and The Shredder. A Challenge mode is unlockable by defeating Oroku Saki with any Turtle in the Story Mode, which needs to be completed to unlock Hamato Yoshi and his dojo. There are also third-person view races, a shell-glider level for Donatello and a bike race between Raphael and Casey.
Shortly after a group of mouser robots destroy the turtles' old home, they begin to attack their new home. Michelangelo eventually gets on Raphael's nerves, making Raphael leave to the surface. At the surface, he is confronted by Purple Dragon thugs, Casey Jones, and Dragon Face. Baxter Stockman soon uses invisible foot tech ninjas to capture Raphael, and Donatello is forced to rescue him. Afterward, they are confronted by genetically mutated beings. The turtles then decide to eliminate the Shredder and defeat him once and for all.
When a player's stamina meter runs low, the player can pick up a power-up:
- Box: Power-Ups are hidden inside some of these.
- Pizza: Restores Full Stamina.
- Hamburger: Restores half Stamina.
- Sushi: Restores one third Stamina.
- Soda: Restores minimum Stamina.
- Shuriken: They can be hidden inside certain boxes.
- Red crystal: Turtles gain increased attack power.
- Blue crystal: Turtles gain increased speed.
- Yellow crystal: Turtles gain increased defense.
- Purple crystal: Turtles gain one extra Gembu power (Turtle Summon).
Some boxes contain Makimono scrolls that can unlock photos in the database mode in the game.
- Blue Makimono: Unlocks one page for Leonardo's database (can only be obtained if the first player is playing as Leonardo)
- Red Makimono: Unlocks one page for Raphael's database (can only be obtained if the first player is playing as Raphael)
- Orange Makimono: Unlocks one page for Michelangelo's database (can only be obtained if the first player is playing as Michelangelo)
- Purple Makimono: Unlocks one page for Donatello's database (can only be obtained if the first player is playing as Donatello)
- Gray Makimono: Unlocks three pages in the other characters' database (any player can obtain it)
Stage 1 - Things Change Area 1 - Leonardo, Donatello Area 2 - Raphael, Leonardo Area 3 - Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo Area 4 - Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo Area 5 - No one
Stage 2 - Nano Area 1 - Leonardo, Raphael Area 2 - Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael Area 3 - No one Area 4 - Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael Area 5 - Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo Area 6 - Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael
Stage 3- Trap Area 1 - Raphael, Leonardo, Michelangelo Area 2 - No one Area 3 - Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael Area 4 - Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael Area 5 - Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo Area 6 - No one
Stage 4 - Tengu Area 1 - Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo Area 2 - Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo Area 3 - Raphael, Michelangelo Area 4 - Donatello, Michelangelo Area 5 - Leonardo
Stage 5 - Notes from the Underground Area 1 - Raphael, Donatello Area 2 - Donatello, Michelangelo Area 3 - Raphael, Michelangelo Area 4 - Raphael Area 5 - No one
Stage 6 - Justice Area 1 - Raphael Area 2 - Michelangelo Area 3 - Michelangelo, Donatello Area 4 - No one Area 5 - Michelangelo Area 6 - Michelangelo Area 7 - No one Area 8 - No one
All four turtles can use special costumes when they are unlocked. Leonardo wears a black ninja outfit. Raphael wears biker clothing and a helmet. Michelangelo wears his Turtle Titan superhero costume. Donatello wears a trench coat, fedora, and a goofy pair of glasses.
Here is a partial list of enemies in the game.
- Purple Dragons
- Foot Ninja
- Foot Tech Ninjas
- Foot Bees
- Underground Monsters
- Underground Insectoid Monster
Bosses are usually at the end of a level, though not always.
- Casey Jones (Raphael only)
- Dragon Face
- Giant Mouser Robot
- Nano Monster (Ver. 2, 2.1 and 3)
- Evil Turtlebot
- Mystic Foot Ninjas
- Foot Gunner Ninja
- Leonardo (except if you are Leonardo)
- King Nail
- Splinter (Leonardo's bonus level only)
- Hun (Michelangelo and Casey only)
- Elite Foot Ninjas
- Dr. Stockman (Donatello and Splinter only)
- The Shredder
- Oroku Saki
- Hamato Yoshi (Challenge Mode)
There are level and dojo stages, Each stage has areas inside it, and each dojo stage is a mission.
Things Change: Stage 1
- Sewer Area 1
- Streets Area 2
- Alley Area 3
- Rooftop Area 4
- Stockman's Lab Area 5
The Secrets: Dojo Stage
You have three minutes to find three Makimonos hidden within boxes scattered around the room. The boxes float up and down in the air, So it's necessary to use a jump attack to break them.
Nano: Stage 2
- April's Antique Shop Area 1
- Subway Station area 2
- Subway Train Area 3
- On the Bridge Area 4
- Junk Yard Area 5
- Junk Yard Rear Area 6
Trap: Stage 3
- Art Warehouse Area 1
- Trailer Roof Area 2
- Construction Site Area 3
- 13th Floor Area 4
- The Top Floor Area 5
- Air Area 6
Dojo Stage: Progress
Each Turtle has a different test.
Leonardo's test: Defeat 30 foot ninjas without taking any damage.
Raphael test: Defeat 50 foot ninjas without being knocked out.
Michelangelo's test: Perform a 10-hit combo with only 10 foot ninja.
Donatello's test: Defeat 10 foot ninjas in one minute.
Tengu: Stage 4
- Museum Entrance Area 1
- Dinosaur Exhibit Area 2
- Egyptian Exhibit Area 3
- Courtyard Area 4
- Japanese Art Exhibit Area 5
Notes from the Underground: Stage 5
- Mouth of the Underground Area 1
- Underground World Area 2
- Abandoned Town Area 3
- Genetic Lab Area 4
- Cultivation Room Area 5
Ordeal: Special Stage
Justice: Stage 6
- Entrance Area 1
- Japanese Garden Area 2
- Foot Science Lab Area 3
- Mouser Arsenal Area 4
- Demolitioned Arsenal Area 5
- The Corridor Area 6
- Heliport Area 7
- Shinto Palace Area 8
- (You have to have beaten Justice: Stage 6 Area 7 with all 4 Turtles to play this)
How to unlock: Beat the game with all four Turtles and Challenge mode becomes unlocked on the Mode Selection screen.
| Konami Era 1 |
1989 home game · Arcade Game · Fall of the Foot Clan · The Manhattan Missions · The Manhattan Project · Back from the Sewers · Turtles in Time · The Hyperstone Heist · Radical Rescue · Tournament Fighters
| Konami Era 2 |
2003 game · 2003 (GBA) · Battle Nexus · Mutant Melee · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare
| Ubisoft Era |
TMNT · TMNT (GBA) · Ninja Adventures · Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled · Smash-Up · Arcade Attack
| Activision Era|
Out of the Shadows · 2013 game · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Training Lair · 2014 game
| Mobile Games |
Ninja Training NYC · Power of 4 · Ninja Tribunal · The Shredder Reborn · Rooftop Run · Mutant Rumble · 2014 game
| Other |
World Tour · GBA Video
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|