- This article is about the 1987 series episode, for the 2003 series episode with a similar name see Beginning of the End.
|“The Beginning of the End”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) episode|
|Original airdate||September 21, 1996|
|Written by||Jeffrey Scott|
"The Beginning of the End" is an episode of the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series.
After being mutated into a horrible beast, he Turtles are able to return Leonardo to his normal self. However, after a while, Leonardo completely mutates again into the monster and goes on a rampage through New York City. The Turtles must contain their leader before he hurts anyone.
Meanwhile, Lord Dregg has taken control of a power plant so he can take its vast supply of plutonium.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Lord Dregg (Tony Jay)
- Carter (Bumper Robinson)
- Mung (Cam Clarke)
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 1
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Final Season
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- As mutated Leonardo is breaking a support beam in the hockey stadium, the support beam turns purple for a few frames.
- When April brings up Otto Wrecker's police file, his name is written in red, but in the next shot it's in black.
- When the Turtle Van backs up onto the bridge to stop mutated Leonardo, the lettering on the front of the Turtle Van is black instead of white.
- When Michelangelo searches for the 333 South Simpson St./Simpleton Blvd. addresses, he randomly types the letters "ZZTZT" instead of the actual address. The keyboard doesn't even have any numbers on it.
- When Raphael, Michelangeo and Carter arrive at 333 South Simpleton Blvd., the lettering on the front of the Turtle Van is again black instead of white.
- In this episode, the licence plate on Carter's motorcycle is 17952, but in season 9's first episode (Carter's first appearance), his licence plate is 17987.
- When Raphael and Michelangelo leave the warehouse to go get the chemicals Dregg used on Leonardo, the damage to the back of the Turtle Van caused on the bridge by Dregg's henchmen has disappeared. The lettering on the front is also black instead of white.
- When Donatello and Carter commandeer a garbage truck, the orange rectangle below the headlights (badly drawn licence plate?) disappears several shots later.