The Irish Jig Is Up is an episode of the Vacation in Europe sideseason. Part of the European vacation season, it had already aired in many European countries during 1992 before airing in the USA over CBS in 1993.
The Turtles, April and Splinter journey to Dublin, capital of the Republic of Ireland. Splinter takes them on a tour of a local park and educates them on the legends of Saint Patrick.
In Dimension X, Krang reveals that he's scheming to drive the humans out of Ireland, which he plans to do with the Rainbow TransCharmer, which transforms innocuous animals into monsters. Once the humans have left, he and Shredder will take the entire island for themselves. After they arrive in a sheep pasture, they begin transforming the sheep into ravening beasts.
The Turtles and April arrive at run-down McGillicuddy Castle, where they will be staying for the next few days. April is busy taping a segment for the news when the sheep stampede towards her and drive her towards a cliff. She falls off, and is barely rescued by Michelangelo, before the Turtles tackle the vicious transformed sheep.
They end up encountering Shredder and his mutants, and Rocksteady and Bebop discover what happens when a mutant is exposed to the TransCharmer: they shrink and become friendly and childlike. So Shredder heads to a nearby zoo and begins transforming chickens and bunnies into vicious beasts, which causes mass panic among the people there. The Turtles track him down and narrowly avoid being hit by the ray, which instead transforms a giant vicious rabbit back into a cuddly pet.
When the Turtles return to the castle, Shredder opens a portal to send the entire structure to Dimension X with them inside it. Giant tentacles emerge from the sky and begin pulling the castle from the ground, and when Michelangelo tries to escape, he's hit by the TransCharmer, which makes him much larger than usual. He easily gets rid of Shredder and begins pulling the castle back down to Earth, which causes Krang's equipment to overload.
With the castle restored, the Turtles corner Shredder, and one of the sky tentacles drags him, Bebop and Rocksteady into the portal just before it closes. Krang berates him for his latest failure and all the damage it has caused, and is irritated by Bebop and Rocksteady.
Back in Ireland, Donatello gets the TransCharmer working, and turns Michelangelo back to normal.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Shredder (Jim Cummings)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Rainbow Trans-Charmer
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 7
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- When Krang orders his rock soldiers to bring in the Rainbow Trans-Charmer, he pushes a button that isn't there.
- When Bebop and Rocksteady cry for help and they want to go home, their voices are switched.
- After Bebop and Rocksteady's personality is changed, Bebop runs and hugs Donatello, but a shot later, he is seen hugging Raphael.
- The last of shot of Shredder at the end of the episode showed the Technodrome with a wooden ceiling and the floor around Krang when Bebop and Rocksteady were standing next to him was the tiled castle floor instead of metal.