In “The Legend of Koji,” Shredder uses a time machine to travel back to Ancient Japan in the year 1583. He plans to defeat Hamato Koji, the man who founded the Foot Clan, and Splinter’s great ancestor. If Hamato Koji is defeated, then Master Splinter would never have been born and the Turtles would forever remain ordinary turtles.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke )
- Donatello (Barry Gordon )
- Michaelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen )
- Splinter (Peter Renaday )
- Shredder (James Avery )
- Hamato Koji (Peter Renaday)
- Oroku Sancho (Rob Paulsen)
- Female Warrior (Renae Jacobs )
- Japanese Guardsman (Barry Gordon)
- Head Samurai (Peter Renaday)
- Koro (Townsend Coleman)
- Turtles ' Lair
- Fine Arts Museum
- Oroku Sancho's Palace
- 1583 Japan
- First TMNT episode not to feature April .
- Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady do not appear in this episode.
- Splinter was surprisingly absent from the Turtles and Koji's fight with Koro and no explanation was given as to where he went and why.
- When Shredder picks up Oroku Sancho's battle armour he has grey boots.
- Throughout the battle scene with the female warriors, Koji's swords are missing from his back in many shots.
- The Nojima Blade did not have a sheath when Koji pulled it out of the shrine but did have one when he ran off to the village to pursue the dragon.
- Shredder goes from wearing Oroku Sancho's battle armour to wearing his regular costume when Donatello transports himself and the others back to the present.