The Turtles are at the Acropolis, frightening tourists by pretending to be statues. An annoyed Splinter orders them to remain there until they see the beauty in the ancient ruins. Just after that, Raphael accidentally falls into an ancient buried temple. It happens to have a statue of the first queen of Atlantis, and it looks exactly looks like April.
April, Irma and Vernon are shopping at an outdoor market when a creepy man gives April a necklace that he says was "made for you." It causes her to flicker and then speak in a strange, haughty manner. When she leaves, the creepy shopkeeper tells a high priest that the queen has returned.
The Turtles find April and tell her about the statue they found, which was wearing a medallion identical to the one she was given. Just then, Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady emerge from the portal with a contingent of Rock Soldiers, and Shredder confirms that the energy readings are coming from April's necklace. A fight breaks out, and April and Irma are captured.
But before Shredder can take the necklace, three strange men with crystal spears appear and abduct April instead. The Turtles battle both their usual enemies and these new aggressors, until they drive Shredder back to Dimension X. But before they can deal with the three strange men, they vanish without a trace. When April points out the man who gave her the medallion, the Turtles pursue him into a secret passageway full of traps.
Meanwhile, April, Irma and Vernon all head to the Acropolis, since April has a hunch that something will happen there that night. Atlantean warriors leap out and abduct all three.
The Turtles also emerge at the Acropolis and take out the guards outside the hidden temple, before disguising themselves as Atlanteans. Donatello figures out that the medallion is taking over April's mind, making her believe she is the queen of Atlantis. The Turtles are soon exposed as intruders, and there are too many Atlantean warriors for them to overcome on their own.
Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady invade the temple as well, so the possessed April brings a trio of pegasus statues to life in order to escape. Shredder hijacks a tour bus, and the Turtles follow close behind in the news van. It turns out that the Atlanteans are planning to sacrifice Vernon and Irma, and the high priest urges April to bring Atlantis back from the bottom of the sea using her medallion. She does so just as Shredder and his mutants arrive.
The Turtles barely make it (losing the news van in the process), only to be attacked by a monstrous octopus that is clinging to Atlantis. Donatello subdues the high priest and takes the medallion from April, tossing it onto Atlantis and smashing it. The city sinks back down beneath the waves and the octopus with it. With the medallion gone, Shredder and his mutants also depart.
With the necklace gone, April returns to her old self, though she teases the Turtles by pretending to speak of herself as a goddess.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Raphael (Hal Rayle)
- Michaelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Shredder (Jim Cummings)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Irma Langinstein (Jennifer Darling)
- Acropolis Tour Guide (Pat Fraley)
- Atlantean High Priest (Jim Cummings)
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 7
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- When the turtles meet up with April and Irma at the market, Raphael is standing behind Leonardo. In the following shots, Raphael has disappeared.
- When Leonardo says "Give it up, Shredder!", his mouth is not moving.
- When Raphael says, "Uh-oh, did ya ever have the feeling that you just don't fit in with the group?", Donatello's mouth is moving when Raphael says "Uh-oh", and his (Raphael's) isn't.
- Towards the end of the episode, the steering wheel of the news van breaks off, but is then seen intact as the van falls into the ocean.