The Newtralizer (Real name unknown) is a character that debuted in the 2012 TV series. He is an enemy of both the Turtles and the Kraang. He is an amalgam of characteristics of a rejected toy design for Playmates Toys by Ryan Brown and a character created by executive producer Ciro Nieli whilst in elementary school. Due to The Newtralizer's costume, he is likely a parody of Marvel's The Punisher with inspiration provided in part by Judge Dredd. The most obvious feature in this respect is the skull-like pattern on the Newtralizer's chest that resembles the emblem on the chest of the Punisher's costume. (See also "The Good, The Bad and Casey Jones "for a similar homage/parody)
The Newtralizer is a heavily armored, alien Fire Belly Newt. He is primarily black, with an orange underbelly. The coloration of his underbelly forms a skull pattern. The Newtralizer is very muscular and bulky, easily dwarfing the Turtles in combat. He appears to be very intelligent, capable of using Kraang equipment and weaponry without issues.
His armor set includes a belt, a pair of shoulder plates (the right plate is far larger than the left), two straps that connect the belt and shoulder plates, a pair of armored bracelets, a pair of leg holsters with pouches and ammo types attached to them, and a pair of axe blades attached to his tail. He also wears a backpack with an antenna sticking out. It is likely a radio, but its exact purpose is unknown. He also carries three Kraang tentacles as trophies tied to his belt.
The Newtralizer is a resident of Dimension X. He was captured by the Kraang after considerable effort and imprisoned in a secret prison facility on earth because he had a tendency to devour every living thing he met - including the Kraang. In an attempt by Donatello, to free Kirby O'Neil, Newtralizer was also accidentally freed and continued his hunt to rid this plant of the Kraang.
Eventually Newtralizer raided a Kraang facility and on this occasion made an acquaintance of the mutant Slash. After they had joined forces Newtrailizer talked to his new partner in the human's language and Slash accompanied him on his hunt for the aliens. However, Newtralizer's thuggery, regardless of the consequences against the innocent people in the area, led to this team to very quickly fall apart.
The Newtralizer's first appearance in the series is in Operation: Break Out, as a prisoner of the Kraang. Donatello inadvertently releases him from his cell when he picks the lock to a secret Kraang lab, and he promptly goes on a rampage. The turtles ultimately manage to defeat him, but he survives and escapes from the lab.
The Newtralizer returns and teams up with Slash against Raph and Casey. It is shown that he had helped Slash escape from a Kraang prison, which is what lead to them working together. Newtralizer and Slash viciously assault numerous groups of Kraang and steal their supplies to create teleportation devices. Newtralizer then plots to take control of the Kraang's newest weapon to destroy them and anybody who gets in his way. He is able to get a hold of it and destroys the Kraang in the area and attempts to use it on the Turtles. Casey arrives and launches a puck with a bomb strapped to it into it. Despite the damage sustained to the teleportation device, Newtralizer is able to escape. Once the Turtles leave, the Newtralizer suddenly teleports back, infused with energy as if he has become stronger.
In Operation Breakout, the Newtralizer was shown to be very resentful to the Kraang due to being imprisoned and tortured, heavily aggressive, attacked anything on sight, and a mute. in Newtralized his personality was fleshed out more, dropping the mute quality, and also expanding on his deep hatred of the Kraang, showing that he cares little for anything, or anyone that gets in his way of destroying them, even innocent people.
Like most aliens, he has high intelligence, enough to speak, very efficiently operate advanced weaponry, and to quickly adapt to changing combat events. Only with the help of a universal translator was he able to speak the human's language to communicate sufficiently with Slash. His weapons include lasers, missiles, sawblades, exploding mines, and he also has blades attached to his tail. The Newtralizer is capable of constricting a foe with his tail, and able to eat a Kraang, minus the armor, whole. He possesses incredible strength and speed. He is also shown to be quite durable, having an extremely high resistance to physical damage with or without his armor, as he was able withstand attacks from numerous Kraang lasers, Leo's katana, Raph's sai, even after getting crushed by Mikey attempting to drive a car, he still survived without any visible dents, bruises, scratches or an injury of any kind. He probably also benefits from an enhanced regenerative ability that helps him to shake off any internal injuries and injury trauma.
- "Destruction of the Kraang!"
- "Slash! We have what we came for."
- "Remember the day we met? The vow?"
- "I had to help you. These are the most insidious aliens from the 10 dimensions."
- "At any cost. Right, brother?"
- "I'm not people."
- "Slash! How could you, brother?!"
- "Rakka Rakka!!!"
- "Why should I care?"
- "This is my battle! I don't need them!"
- "First we find Kraang communications, and then we blow this place to rakka, rakka, rakka, roka, rakka!"
- The pattern on his chest resembles a skull.
- The Newtralizer is capable of fitting a whole Kraang in his mouth.
- His boomerang resembles a Predator smart-disc.
- Ryan Brown created a design for an action figure of a character named The Newtralizer for the original toy line, which was rejected.. This version represents him as a cyborg. The two characters are completely unrelated other than their name/species and hatred for Kraang/Krang.
- The Kraang he attacked to retrieve his weapons called him criminal and Shredder called him "alien creature" which possibly hints that he is from Dimension X.
- Donatello gave him the name "Newtralizer", but asked Kirby O'Neil not to mention it when Mikey's around, as he prefers to name their foes.
- However, by the episode Newtralized, Mikey convinced himself that he was the one who named him.
- As shown in Newtralized, the Newtralizer needs a translator to speak English.