|“The Turtles and the Hare”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) episode|
|Original airdate||September 16, 1991|
|Written by||Susan "Misty" Stewart-Taggart|
"The Turtles and the Hare" is an episode of the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series.
Krang sends out Bebop and Rocksteady, dressed as Easter bunnies, from the Technodrome in Dimension X through the dimensional portal during Easter. They arrive in New York City to blast people with a "Docilizer Ray". They go to the Channel 6 News Building, where the staff are planning to have an Easter egg hunt.
April O'Neil watches Bebop and Rocksteady testing the ray and calls the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for help just before she gets zapped. To stop them, the TMNT must find out a "Cyranium Crystal" in the "Fairy Tale Dimension". Leonardo and Raphael go there, and meet Hokum Hare, the rabbit of fable "The Tortoise and the Hare. Hokum Hare thinks they are the turtles who always beat him, but he insists on following them. Outwitting the Giant (from "Jack and the Beanstalk"), Hokum Hare, Leonardo and Raphael grab the "Cyranium Crystal" and climb down the Beanstalk, just as Jack chops it down. Leonardo, Raphael and Hokum go back to Earth and unite with Donatello and Michaelangelo. Together, they stop Shredder and Krang from broadcasting the "Docilizer Ray" all over the Earth. Hokum Hare gets to stand in as the Easter Bunny for the Channel 6 Easter Egg Hunt.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Shredder (James Avery)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Burne Thompson (Pat Fraley)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Mildred (Jennifer Darling)
- Chicken Little
- Big Bad Wolf
- Hokum Hare (Townsend Coleman)
- Giant (Peter Renaday)
- Jack (Cam Clarke)
- Truck Driver (Rob Paulsen)
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Turtles' Awesome Easter
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 4
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Cowabunga Classic
- When Shredder turns toward his control panel in the Technodrome, a switch handle appears out of nowhere.
- When Hokum is about to use the Docilizer Ray on Shredder, Rocksteady ran out in fear even thought Krang told him the ray had no effect on mutants.
- This is the last we'll see of Donatello's full sized Portable Portal Generator until "The Day the Earth Disappeared".
- Oddly, this episode started out with the intro for seasons 1-3.