The Wrath of Medusa is a the third episode of season 9 of the 1987-1996 series. It originally aired at CBS on 30 September 1995.
Carter and the Turtles are fighting against the TechnoGang down in a mine, where Dregg's minions are getting neutronium ore. During the fight, Carter mutates and causes a massive cave-in, almost killing the Turtles.
Dregg summons an alien bounty hunter known as Medusa, saying he needs the Turtles eliminated. She initially rejects him because he's a fugitive, but agrees when he offers her enough money.
The Turtles are worried about Carter's unstable mutation as well as their own, which only promise to get worse. Carter offers them a virtual reality projector that is almost working, which he believes could help them overcome Dregg.
April calls them with news of "some weirdo" alien taking over the hydroelectric plant. Of course, the alien is Medusa, and her relentless assault soon has the Turtles on the defensive. Carter mutates and attacks her, and the Turtles fear that he'll destroy the entire dam if unchecked - a reasonable fear, since he immediately knocks Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael off into the river below. Leonardo attacks Medusa, only to be taken captive.
Carter finally realizes what a hindrance he's become, and flees from the Turtles. Immediately after, Medusa sends them a message saying that they should meet her at a the World Broadcast Tower if they want to see Leonardo alive.
Dregg, meanwhile, is enlisted by the humans to fix up a defunct space station, SkySat, which is in fact part of his plan for global domination.
The Turtles arrive at the tower, and Medusa immediately gets the drop on them. But they unexpectedly mutate into large, bulky forms that give them the strength to drive her into retreat, only to turn back to normal and collapse as she flees. She manages to track down Carter, who is perfecting his virtual reality projector, and manages to steal his invention just before he brings down the building on himself. He goes to Splinter, who tells him that his training can truly begin now that he understands how important it is to control his inner mutant.
The Turtles wake up, confused and horrified by what happened to them, but set out to find Leonardo. Medusa uses the virtual reality projector to trap the other three Turtles, but Donatello manages to alert Carter, who has been learning meditation with Splinter.
Up on SkySat, Dregg's minions disrupt computers and phone lines, leaving the world's defense systems open to attack.
Carter manages to find Medusa's ship and break inside in mutant form; after some struggle, he controls his rage and frees the Turtles. Donatello spots a teleporter, and comes up with a clever plan to outwit her - while Carter and the other three Turtles keep Medusa busy, he takes the virtual reality projector and tricks her into the teleporter, allowing him to send her across the galaxy.
After receiving a message from Dregg, the Turtles head up to SkySat in Medusa's spaceship and blow it to bits. But that evening, Dregg publicly blames them for the communication blackout and the destruction of SkySat.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- Lord Dregg (Tony Jay)
- Medusa (Carol Katz)
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 9
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- When the Turtles first battle Medusa inside the dam, Raphael re-draws his sai.
- In the same shot, Raphael takes out both of his sai in one hand, then only has one.
- Inside the dam, Leonardo approaches Medusa with one of his katana, then suddenly has both of them.
- The Turtles find Leonardo's belt and letter along with his katana, but he still has his belt and letter when we see him after Medusa has tied him up.
- When Michelangelo steals the virtual reality projector from Carter, the explosion is out of sync.
- When the Turtles wake up after mutating, the metal floor they broke to ward off Medusa is repaired again.
- When Carter frees the the Turtles, Michelangelo becomes Raphael.