Despite interference from the Turtles, Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady successfully install an ENERGY TRANSMITTER inside the Power Relay Station and escape unharmed.
Back at the lair, the Turtles argue as to whose fault it might be that Shredder and company got away again! Splinter suggests that they spend less time considering "how to get Shredder" and more time "doing good things", which confuses the Turtles.
Meanwhile, over at the Hall of Science, Krang activates his new DIMENSIONAL PORTAL, thanks to Shredder's installation of the Energy Transmitter at the Power Relay Station, giving him access to Dimension X.
After Donatello's equipment registers a power surge emanating from the Hall of Science, they set out to investigate - only to find the place empty and the Dimensional Portal turned on. The Turtles surmise that Krang Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady have journeyed to Dimension X but they are not sure why.
But before they can ponder any more as to the reason why, they hear a voice crying for help. That voice belongs to an alien from Dimension X named GARGON. He claims that Krang had him abducted from Dimension X and used him to test a new experimental mutagen. Feeling sorry for Gargon, the Turtles free him and the alien agrees to help them find Shredder in Dimension X.
But once they arrive there, it seems as if Gargon is leading them on a wild goose chase - going from planet to planet, being attacked by aliens and monsters, being dropped into a middle of a war, but never finding Shredder and Krang.
Eventually it's revealed that Gargon has actually led them into a trap. Shredder arrives in the Technodrome and rewards Gargon by using his RETRO-MUTAGEN CANNON and transforms Gargon back to his normal self. Gargon apologizes to the Turtles and pleads for their forgiveness.
But just as Shredder is about to transform the TMNT back into real Turtles so that he may be rid of them at last, Gargon saves them, allowing the Turtles to destroy the Technodrome's engines, and return to Earth, via the Dimensional Portal, trapping Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady in Dimension X for good (?).
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- Shredder (Bill Martin)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- General Traag (Peter Renaday)
- Gargon (Brian Cummings)
- One Eyed Wrecking Crew Member (Rob Paulsen)
- Blaster Head Wrecking Crew Member (Townsend Coleman)
- Skateboarding Wrecking Crew Member
- Tank Wrecking Crew Member
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 8
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- When the Turtles enter the Hall of Science at the start of the episode, Leonardo and Donatello suddenly disappear leaving only Raphael and Michelangelo in the room. They reappear when Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady run away.
- When the Turtles enter the weapons shop, Raphael has both of his sai despite the fact that he just previously had them taken off him by one of the Wrecking Crew.
- Michelangelo uses his grappling hook to fight the rock soldiers, even though his grappling hook is previously destroyed by one of the Wrecking Crew.
- While the Turtles are attacked by the giant plant, Leonardo's katana that's stuck in the ground next to Raphael disappears for a few moments.
- Leonardo's mouth isn't moving when he starts his first line of dialogue upon returning to the lair at the end of the episode.
- April does not appear in this episode.
- This is will be the last time that Shredder and Krang are the Turtles's arch-enemies. In the next episode, it is now Lord Dregg.
- Final appearances of Bebop and Rocksteady in the series.
- The last time we see the Technodrome in its usual form. When it returns in "Divide and conquer", it is totally wrecked and abandoned.
- This episode is also the final appearance of General Tragg in the series along with the Rock Soldiers.
- The Technodrome is colored an orangey brown color instead of its regular white.
- Shredder and Krang do not appear again until season 10.
- The ship that Gargon and the Turtles steal from the Wrecking Crew looks like a red version of Fripp the Polarisoid's ship.