|“Turtles at the Earth's Core”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 Cartoon) episode|
|Original airdate||November 1, 1989|
|Written by||Michael Reaves|
Turtles at the Earth's Core is a season 3 episode of the 1987-1996 series.
The Turtles receive a blast from the past when Dinosaurs invade the Big Apple. The TMNT attempt to coral the beasts, and more or less succeed.
Befriending a young diplodocus they dub "Dippy", the Turtles trace the invading dinos to their source, and they are shocked by what they find there: a "lost world", hidden deep beneath the earth's core, where the ferocious creatures of yesterday still thrive. The TMNT find out that the reason for the Dinosaur's continued preservation is the radiation sent off by a mystical energy crystal.
Before the turtles can relax and explore this "new world", they find out Shredder and Krang are after the crystal, intending to use it in another diabolical scheme to re-power the Technodrome. The Turtles join forces with Dippy to stop the villains, they are able to drive Shredder back at first, but their actions provoke Krang to take a trip to the savage land himself.
Upon arriving, he builds a hi-tech titanium plated battle fortress, from where he can harness the crystal's powerful energies and channel them into the Technodrome directly from this base. Shredder eventually manages to outwit the TMNT, and succeeds in obtaining the crystal.
But things go awry when Shredder accidentally drops the crystal, damaging it, without the crystal, (the source of their life-energy), Dippy and his fellow dinos begin to slowly die.
The TMNT attempt to penetrate Krang's fortress with Dippy's help, but his strength alone isn't enough, Just when the green machine think all is lost, Dippy calls on other dinosaurs to assist him, with their combined efforts, the dinos are able to break into Krang's fortress, and a fierce battle ensues...
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Shredder (James Avery)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Turtle Lair
- City streets
- Earth's core
- Mobile Fortress
- Turtle Blimp
- Transport Modules
- Mobile Fortress
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles at the Earth's Core
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 3
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 3
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Cowabunga Classics
- When the Turtles are confronted by Foot Soldiers on their way to intercept Krang and Shredder, Raphael refers to them as "Rock Soldiers".
- When the Turtles encounter a dinosaur in the street, Donatello's bo-staff is black and not brown.
- When Shredder speaks to Krang on his comlink, Peter Renaday slips in to provide one line of his dialogue.
Leonardo: Turtles fight with honor!
Shredder: Yes, but I fight dirty!