2003 Series Plot
The exoskeletons are mechanical suits that the Utroms use to blend in with the humans, which carry the Utrom in the stomach section of a humanoid body. While they function perfectly well as robotic carriages, the exoskeletons can be perfectly disguised as a human being if the Utrom desires. In fact, their movements are natural enough that an Utrom can even fight using one.
They were invented by the Utroms using some parts of their ship, but an early model was stolen by The Utrom Shredder from a yellow Utrom to form his Shredder armor. They are highly maneuverable, to the point that Shredder became a highly skilled fighter in hand-to-hand combat.
Cody Jones has an exoskeleton in his trophy room.
In Wedding Bells and Bytes Mortu's crew have exoskeletons.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles issue 3 (Mirage)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles issue 4 (Mirage)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles issue 7 (Mirage)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles issue 23 (Image)
- Attack of the Replicants
- The Curious Case of Mr. Jones
- Darkness on the Edge of Town
- The Way of Invisibility
- Tales of Leo
- The Search for Splinter, Part 1
- The Search for Splinter, Part 2
- Secret Origins, Part 1
- Secret Origins, Part 2
- Secret Origins, Part 3
- What a Croc
- City at War, Part 1
- City at War, Part 2
- City at War, Part 3
- Same As It Never Was
- Exodus, Part 2
- Future Shellshock!
- The Journal
- Wedding Bells and Bytes
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (vol 4) 10
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (vol 4) 12
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (vol 4) 30